Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone bracing themselves ahead of Monday nights transfer deadline?

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Andy Naylor ‏@AndyNaylorArgus
No permanent signings, striker or otherwise, in the pipeline for #bhafc by Monday, says OG.

BHAFC ‏@OfficialBHAFC
Oscar post Millwall: I don’t feel I need another striker, we just need the ones that we have got here back fit and availabl

Tallies with what I've heard. Loans only.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Think we will wait for the loan window for a striker.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Think we will wait for the loan window for a striker.

Agree. Barnes will be fit to cover Ulloa next game, and I would be very surprised if we get a better striker than those 2. It will only be cover till CMS is fit.

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
Would be nice. But why should that have any bearing on the transfer window closing tomorrow cos if he hasn't signed for anyone else he'd be a free agent who could sign at any time surely?

No bearing on the squad but a morale booster for the supporters who want to see something really positive (in their eyes) as a flair player. I think we are waiting till xmas for real signings so on a pay for play basis this would be a way of keeping some people happy till then.

If he only plays every so often it keeps some people happy especially if he scores.

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
No bearing on the squad but a morale booster for the supporters who want to see something really positive (in their eyes) as a flair player. I think we are waiting till xmas for real signings so on a pay for play basis this would be a way of keeping some people happy till then.

If he only plays every so often it keeps some people happy especially if he scores.

Sorry, I think you missed my point - I agree with you about it being a positive signing.
It's just that this was a thread specifically about tomorrow's closure of the transfer window and as Vicente is unattached he would not be constrained by the window closing.

.... not that I think for a minute he will actually re-sign anyway

byf1

Mar 22, 2012
Andy Naylor ‏@AndyNaylorArgus
No permanent signings, striker or otherwise, in the pipeline for #bhafc by Monday, says OG.

BHAFC ‏@OfficialBHAFC
Oscar post Millwall: I don’t feel I need another striker, we just need the ones that we have got here back fit and availabl

What utter shit Garcia is talking & in my opinion is very naive, we have one fit out and out striker available at the moment. You look at the championship and its a long arduous season of 50 games plus with cups where you need strength in depth and in the striking department we hardly have any at all!

CMS according to what we've recently read won't be back until November & with the style of player he is and the fact he's getting over a serious injury, we can't expect to see him at his best until the new year.

It's simply too much pressure on Leo & we will burn him out. That lone front man job is hard work & I simply don't see where Garcia is coming from.

We don't have enough options in attack compared to our rivals.

#naivegarcia

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
What utter shit Garcia is talking & in my opinion is very naive, we have one fit out and out striker available at the moment. You look at the championship and its a long arduous season of 50 games plus with cups where you need strength in depth and in the striking department we hardly have any at all!

CMS according to what we've recently read won't be back until November & with the style of player he is and the fact he's getting over a serious injury, we can't expect to see him at his best until the new year.

It's simply too much pressure on Leo & we will burn him out. That lone front man job is hard work & I simply don't see where Garcia is coming from.

#naivegarcia
100% this.

Mid table then and season over by early March.

Urchin

Aug 1, 2011

#naivegarcia

Thought you were talking sense until I saw a hashtag on a forum at the end

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Yes. One fit striker just not enough. Two is not enough either. Sorry Oscar, but this shows your naivety with respect to the Championship.

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
It doesn't necessarily show his naivety, perhaps he's been told there simply isn't funds available for another striker so he is trying to manage supporters expectations. Just a thought.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here