Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone back yet? What went wrong?

• Thread starter Deleted member 2719
  • Start date

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Neither team were threatening tbh. 0-0 summed up the game. We were slightly better 1st half them 2nd.
Real lack of cutting edge especially out wide tonight and maybe drive that Kayal gives.
Positives another clean sheet and Gostone was excellent. They tried to give him a rough ride but he handles all their strikers excellency and throughly deserved MOM. Although some say it's over it's at worst 5 points from 2nd. We made up a lot of ground on both Hull and Boro is recent weeks and we can catch them both yet. Not over till the fat lady sings and I've yet to hear a note

D

Deleted member 2719

Zamora saw a bit of the ball but was either offside or hellbent on fouling the defender and Lua Lua was a tart with the ball refusing to use his pace and run at the opposition. Not sure Wilson even touched the ball

BZ frustrated? Lua lua loss of confidence ? Wilson home Sick?

Don't get it???

Should their lad had a straight red?

D

Deleted member 2719

Neither team were threatening tbh. 0-0 summed up the game. We were slightly better 1st half them 2nd.
Real lack of cutting edge especially out wide tonight and maybe drive that Kayal gives.
Positives another clean sheet and Gostone was excellent. They tried to give him a rough ride but he handles all their strikers excellency and throughly deserved MOM. Although some say it's over it's at worst 5 points from 2nd. We made up a lot of ground on both Hull and Boro is recent weeks and we can catch them both yet. Not over till the fat lady sings and I've yet to hear a note

Goldson is a great positive i love seeing the youngster showing up there seniors on the pitch i just hope CH isn't scared to try another one or two out if the others can't provide the spark we need. The fat lady is certainly out of tune thou.....maybe it's just a cold.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Goldson is a great positive i love seeing the youngster showing up there seniors on the pitch i just hope CH isn't scared to try another one or two out if the others can't provide the spark we need. The fat lady is certainly out of tune thou.....maybe it's just a cold.

While Goldson is young, he was captain of Shrewsbury and the League 2 team of the year, which is more than any of our youth team have even come close to

Half Time Pies

Sep 7, 2003
Brighton
I thought the main reason that we didn't play well is that Wednesday were very well organised and kept doubling up on our wingers which stifled our creativity. We may have had more joy through the middle but without Kayal we were lacking the creative spark.

All in all it was two very well organised teams that ultimately cancelled each other out which does happen sometimes.

scooter1

How soon is now?
The ref was dreadful, and I've have said that if we'd won. We were devoid of creativity and missed Kayal
Wednesday would have been very happy to nick a one nil win, or equally are happy enough to take the draw. Their keeper didn't have a single save to make, and was wasting time from about the 10th minute

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
I didn't go tonight. Was it the fact we were poor or that we played one of the better teams in the division that just stopped us getting going?

For me it was this:

We started with two defensively minded midfielders in Sidwell and Stephens so we had no creativity in the middle of the park.
Knockaert and Murphy both seemed off so we had little creativity outwide.
Hemed and Baldock were anonymous entirely so we had little upfront.
The ref, on par for Championship refs this season was f**king woeful.

There was nothing, absolutely nothing, to be positive about tonight.

Goldson was the least s**t player on the pitch and rightly got MoM.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
We blew it tonight.

Dire.

No chance of automatic promotion now.

I have no faith that we'll do anything in the playoffs.

Season over. Championship next year.

Put them back in the pram and have a rethink tomorrow......sigh.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Two reasonable sides cancelled each other out. We didn't do enough to get in behind them and vica-versa. Conditions didn't help and nor did missing Kayal. We move on to two more straightforward games now where we must get 6 points.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here