• Thread starter Deleted member 2719
  • Start date

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
exactly
this theory makes no sense given our depth in the squad

if you are on the bench you are fit and can play,whether its 10 mins,30 mins or nearly 90 mins(in case of something odd)
you dont put an injured bloke on the bench in 2016.......1978 maybe

It really isn't that simple. It might be in your mind, by there are numerous conditions that aren't injuries as such, but could develop into injuries if not enough rest / recovery. If Kayal is suffering from something that flairs up after 90's (hence he was substituted against Brentford, Bristol City and Leeds as well as rested for Cardiff and SW, then he can be fully fit on the bench 3 days after a match, but the preference is not to play him, even if he is for all intents and purposes fully fit.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
It really isn't that simple. It might be in your mind, by there are numerous conditions that aren't injuries as such, but could develop into injuries if not enough rest / recovery. If Kayal is suffering from something that flairs up after 90's (hence he was substituted against Brentford, Bristol City and Leeds as well as rested for Cardiff and SW, then he can be fully fit on the bench 3 days after a match, but the preference is not to play him, even if he is for all intents and purposes fully fit.

Absolutely. And there can be little niggles/injuries which do need rest, but could stand up to 10 or 20 minutes play, if needed, but a full 90 minutes could cause real problems, or a major setback.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
So, what game over because Wednesday got their tactics right!

That is a great pity and appears we don't / didn't have a plan B to combat the way they snuffed out our wingers, other than launch long balls at Bobby Zamora. If other teams find it so easy to negate our wide men we may well struggle more towards the end of the season then I imagined.
That's how I see it....although maybe the player that was missing rather than the tactics (or a combination of the two). Glad I'm not in charge.......CH has got it right more often than not so hopefully he'll continue in that vein

D

Deleted member 2719

Absolutely. And there can be little niggles/injuries which do need rest, but could stand up to 10 or 20 minutes play, if needed, but a full 90 minutes could cause real problems, or a major setback.

But Kayal WAS needed against Sheff W, so that doesn't stack up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here