Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone back from the game?

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Great game, great atmosphere, great result. Mayo i thought played the holding role in the middle, with reid and hammond on the wings. Ipswich were poor, but still put us under a lot of pressure, with Henderson (flamed unfairly again for punching a lot, successfully) and McShane in particular having a lot of clearing up to do. In the first half we had loads of success down the right through Reid, but the final ball failed every time, and there were few men in the middle to aim for. Our goal was a great team goal, with GNW turning and shooting (probably a deflection) into the bottom corner. The second half was more of the same, with McShane unfairly booked after diving from the Ipswich forward, and Mayo booked again soon after after challenging for the ball. We had some good chances, with CKR showing incredible skill before hitting the bar, with Lynch bundling a goal home shortly afterwards after a cross from the right. Little pressure from Ipswich until the final minutes, when a Lee header back across the goal found Forster.

All in all a grand day out - Splendid atmosphere again from the Albion faithful:clap2:

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
I would thing about 1000, maybe a bit less - but a good turnout given the £27 asking price

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
f***ing awesome. Really good atmosphere. We battled so hard but we also played lovely football on the ground. Reid and Mayo gave us really good balance. Hart was superb. McShane saved us near the end with a brilliant block. Kazim-Richards was average most of the game but late on really picked it up and played very well. Well done lads. Where was that last week though!!

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
So come on Hiney ... what did you think of the first goal...??
:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Great day and a great 94 minute performance from the lads.

I think Hart deserves to be singled out for as good a performance as I have ever seen from him, the usual effort coupled with good distribution and some great timing of tackles. Also Lynch seems to be visibly growing in stature.

Ice Man

Jan 5, 2006
cheshunt seagull said:
Great day and a great 94 minute performance from the lads.

I think Hart deserves to be singled out for as good a performance as I have ever seen from him, the usual effort coupled with good distribution and some great timing of tackles. Also Lynch seems to be visibly growing in stature.

Agree, I thought Hart was our best player, didn't put a foot wrong and worked so, so hard.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Hiney said:

Why didn't the Ipswich fans sing ANY songs AT ALL?

Or are the acoustics of Portman so strange that they completely block out the home fans singing?

There was one song that was as clear as a bell on the radio, just after we scored our second...............

"What a load of rubbish"

I just love hearing fans from any "we're to big to be a championship side" getting wound up

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Withdean Wanderer said:
Great game, great atmosphere, great result. Mayo i thought played the holding role in the middle, with reid and hammond on the wings. Ipswich were poor, but still put us under a lot of pressure, with Henderson (flamed unfairly again for punching a lot, successfully) and McShane in particular having a lot of clearing up to do. In the first half we had loads of success down the right through Reid, but the final ball failed every time, and there were few men in the middle to aim for. Our goal was a great team goal, with GNW turning and shooting (probably a deflection) into the bottom corner. The second half was more of the same, with McShane unfairly booked after diving from the Ipswich forward, and Mayo booked again soon after after challenging for the ball. We had some good chances, with CKR showing incredible skill before hitting the bar, with Lynch bundling a goal home shortly afterwards after a cross from the right. Little pressure from Ipswich until the final minutes, when a Lee header back across the goal found Forster.

All in all a grand day out - Splendid atmosphere again from the Albion faithful:clap2:

Spot on.

Lynch was my MoM. He was so calm with everything. He played with skill and just didn't look under pressure.

Funniest moment of the day was Hiney coming back from the gents.
The look on his face was priceless. :lolol:

Statto

Nov 11, 2005
Graceland Memphis
Fantastic performance today. We seem to be raising our game at the moment away from home. Lets hope this continues at Wolves (assuming we win on Monday). I thought Lynch was superb today and took his goal well. Ried was good to.:clap:

Last edited:

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
That Himey should get into proper cider. Draught Thatchers or something akin to it.

That fizzy stuff is no good at all.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
One small disappointment from yesterday in my eyes was the booing of Darren Currie.
Singing 'you should have stayed with a big club' is fair comment and good banter but booing him was wrong imo.
He was good for us in the 3 months he was here, cost nothing and gained us quarter of a million quid.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here