Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anybody still worried?

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Goalscoring at the moment...

Aside from Newcastle only Forest (17 points behind us), Norwich (12), Barnsley(14), and Fulham (13) have scored more than us.

larus

I wonder if those wanting another striker read the thread regarding Albion losing £25m last season. I guess they're the same ones that moaned about the loss of free tea/coffee in the 1901 club. And probably moan about teams cheating FFP too.

Just saying.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Isn't it the nature of the beast that when we are so good defensively we are unlikely to score as many and when we are scoring freely we're likely to concede more (odd game being the exception )

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I think TB will invest in another striker in January. Seems to be the only area where we could be seen as lacking depth. will cost a lot but maybe a loan would do.

Apart form that we are solid everywhere.

TNBA

TTF

But,but,but, Peter Beagrie said we need another goalkeeper,and he's on the telly, so he must know what he's talking about

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
We have Kayal and Rosenior back soon, effectively two new signings (and even KLL?). CH quoted in Times last Monday said any activity in Jan would be 'minimal' which I take to mean personnel wise rather than money wise. It is simple really - the only weakness is striker back up, particularly for Baldock (or replacement as the anti Baldock brigade would argue, personally a fence sitter on that one). You don't have to be footballing Einstein to think that is the area that TB/CH/PW will seek to strengthen.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
I wonder if those wanting another striker read the thread regarding Albion losing £25m last season. I guess they're the same ones that moaned about the loss of free tea/coffee in the 1901 club. And probably moan about teams cheating FFP too.

Just saying.
The ONLY way to stop the losses is to get to the Prem. The best way to do this is to make sure we have real competition for all positions on the pitch, which includes Sam B's. Tony knows this. Shame you can't see it. And, yes, I do know we made a thumping great loss.

Sent from my E2303 using Tapatalk

larus

The ONLY way to stop the losses is to get to the Prem. The best way to do this is to make sure we have real competition for all positions on the pitch, which includes Sam B's. Tony knows this. Shame you can't see it. And, yes, I do know we made a thumping great loss.

Sent from my E2303 using Tapatalk

How many teams in the premier league are in the black I wonder (I don't know btw)?

Actually, the only way to stop the losses is to live within your means, not your desires. It's so easy to spend someone else's money, but money doesn't guarantee success. And, if your statement was actually correct, we wouldn't be in an automatic promotion spot because we don't have cover for Sam.B. Look at the table and I think we're actually doing OK. So, I'm speaking facts and I think I see things clearly. I think you are living with the fairies mate with that Left-Wing money tree. You know, the one where some else pays for everything.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
We've got a good squad with strength / depth mostly throughout, with exceptions to up front.
I'm sure that (yoda forbid), if anything happened to any of our strikers, CH will have for seen this and hopefully will purchase a striker in the coming window.
Put it this way, if Dwight Gayle broke down, then I guess Newcastle are bolloxed.
Then Wonga may have to give them a 2000% loan for some pie eater up front.
We'll be fine I'm sure, we just have to start scoring goals from other departments of the team, share the wealth.punk:

To be fair, Newcastle have Mitrovic. I think they'd be okay.

Never mind Mitrovic. They also have Darryl Murphy - one of the Championship's most consistent scorers over the last few seasons, who they signed in the summer, and doesn't even make the squad.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
With 25 goals scored this season ( - the Norwich 5) we'd be above average in Champ. 11th out of 24.
1.25 goals per game.

Goalscoring at the moment...

Aside from Newcastle only Forest (17 points behind us), Norwich (12), Barnsley(14), and Fulham (13) have scored more than us.

.....but we did score 5 against Norwich.....

Our GD is positive with just Murray's goals now. Incredible really.

BrianWade4

Aug 17, 2010
A nice bit of South London
Do we have a problem at the front end of the team,as a team do we contribute enough throughout,without Baldock's important point winning goals and Murray's overall contribution as an ever present and top scorer.

Doe others contribute enough goals,am i getting nervous about things or will will start scoring for fun after March again.

Has the significant improvement at the back,slightly masked the imbalance at the forward end.

All questions,no right or wrongs here....discuss.

Yes
If Murray gets injured, we're mid-table

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here