Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anybody going to be at San Pedro for the friendlies?

armchairclubber

Aug 8, 2010
Bexhill
Hopefully shall see a few of you there, I'll be in the yellow away shirt with "Reado 9 " on the back, would be good to meet some other brighton fans. Only seen one since ive been living here and just shouted seagulls at him and got a funny look :)[/QUOTE]

I do hope part of the "R" doesn't come off in the wash, though that would explain it :)

SI 4 BHA

Nov 12, 2003
westdene, brighton
I will be there + 3. Staying at la torre golf resort so about 30 min drive I think. Im designated driver so no beer for me unless I can persuade the others to get a taxi!

Bedsex

not my real name
Jan 29, 2009
Flitwick
Not sure what to recce. Amigos is an English .5mile from pinatar arena or drink at the arena itself. Will be going to the harbour are of San Pedro after the game for beer and great food. If you are not sure there are bars in mojon which is.5 mile north of ground and very Spanish. But a good night in Sam Pedro means leave car near Sam Pedro and drink before game and after.

I'll be out there, but in 2 weeks time, ie after the team fly back home. My in-laws have a place in El Mojon, about 500m from the Pinatar Arena. As Goldstone Rocks says above, there are a couple of bars in El Mojon. The nearest to the arena is called the Corner Bar and they often have tribute bands playing in the evening. There's another bar a bit further away, can't remember the name, which is run by an English couple. They tend to show a lot of sport (I spent last summer watching the cricket there).

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
S1 4 BHA, Im staying at the Intercontinental Mar Menor Golf resort from 11th to 21st, might see you there.

Wedgee

mattricketts

Jul 14, 2010
looks like the corner bar may be the place for a few beers after the game? anyone know of any other bars near by?

staben94

Jun 11, 2012
Greenwich/Hastings
Was out 5 minutes drive from San Pedro del Pinatar a couple of weeks back, got back to the UK and Brighton revealed their pre-season. Could of told me and I would of gone out a month later and gone to both matches versus Partick Thistle and Real Betis.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Was out 5 minutes drive from San Pedro del Pinatar a couple of weeks back, got back to the UK and Brighton revealed their pre-season. Could of told me and I would of gone out a month later and gone to both matches versus Partick Thistle and Real Betis.
They did confirm the dates of the tour in May

tommyseagull

Jan 11, 2012
Hopefully shall see a few of you there, I'll be in the yellow away shirt with "Reado 9 " on the back, would be good to meet some other brighton fans. Only seen one since ive been living here and just shouted seagulls at him and got a funny look :)

I do hope part of the "R" doesn't come off in the wash, though that would explain it :)[/QUOTE]

Whats an eado?

Is anyone going to the open training session on minday. And is that 4.30 Spanish time?

Bedsex

not my real name
Jan 29, 2009
Flitwick
looks like the corner bar may be the place for a few beers after the game? anyone know of any other bars near by?

See my earlier post, if you head towards the sea-front, past the corner bar and take the last left before you reach the sea, there's a bar on the left. They've got lots of football scarves hanging up inside and I always mean to take an Albion scarf when I go out , but never remember. Maybe one of you will beat me to it.

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
We are playing Japan u21 tomorrow (11th) at the la manga club pitch A at 7 o'clock their time and are at the same place on Tuesday 15th against Cartagena FC at 7 again. Source - La manga club website

I don't think it's the Japan U21s I can't find any information about this game on the JFA website. The game is only mentioned on the Japan UNIVERSITY FA website (in Japanese). So it isn't the Japanese national team U21s, it's a team made up of Japanese Uni kids.

I doubt very much that Arsenal's u21 Japanese starlet Ryo Miyaichi is playing for example.

Correct me if I'm wrong!

Last edited:

mikeyapps

Jun 1, 2008
I don't think it's the Japan U21s I can't find any information about this game on the JFA website. The game is only mentioned on the Japan UNIVERSITY FA website (in Japanese). So it isn't the Japanese national team U21s, it's a team made up of Japanese Uni kids.

I doubt very much that Arsenal's u21 Japanese starlet Ryo Miyaichi is playing for example.

Correct me if I'm wrong!

I'm not entirely sure just the club are announcing on the website that we play japan U21s, you may well be right though

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea

Correct me if I'm wrong!

I'm not entirely sure just the club are announcing on the website that we play japan U21s, you may well be right though

This is from the La Manga website, it might be of course an "a" is just missing from the bhafc announcement

19.00 hrs hrs Japan U21 vs El Algar, pitch A

19.00 hrs Japan U21 vs Brighton & Hove Albion FC U21, pitch A

19.00 hrs Japan U21 vs Cartagena FC, pitch A

19.00 hrs Brighton & Hove Albion FC U21 vs Cartagena FC, pitch A

tommyseagull

Jan 11, 2012
Does anybody know anymore about the training and bbq Monday. Website just says we invite u and all will be provided ; food drinks etc. Is this with the players aswell?

goldstone rocks

Feb 25, 2009
I'm 3 miles from San Pedro now and it is seriously hot. Good luck to lads playing at 7pm tomorrow night. Last night it was 30 degrees at 7pm.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ

Correct me if I'm wrong!

You are spot on, Mental Lental. I did the same digging yesterday; I found a series of photos taken at their match against El Algar on Wednesday - Getty Images - Japan U21 v El Algar

Googling some of the players names led to a squad list document produced by the Japan University Football Association for this trip - JUFA Squad List

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here