Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anybody going to be at San Pedro for the friendlies?

goldstone rocks

Feb 25, 2009
Looking forward to seeing some of you in my back yard.
I'm going to do a recce sometime this week and will report back.
It is a bit out of the way.Probably 20 mins from Murcia airport.€20 ish in a cab.
Don't forget the sun cream.It is pretty warm at the moment!

Not sure what to recce. Amigos is an English .5mile from pinatar arena or drink at the arena itself. Will be going to the harbour are of San Pedro after the game for beer and great food. If you are not sure there are bars in mojon which is.5 mile north of ground and very Spanish. But a good night in Sam Pedro means leave car near Sam Pedro and drink before game and after.

Harry H

Comfortably numb.
Aug 11, 2010
Not sure what to recce. Amigos is an English .5mile from pinatar arena or drink at the arena itself. Will be going to the harbour are of San Pedro after the game for beer and great food. If you are not sure there are bars in mojon which is.5 mile north of ground and very Spanish. But a good night in Sam Pedro means leave car near Sam Pedro and drink before game and after.

It isn't the easiest place to find if you don't know where you are going.
There are lots of good bars and restaurants around the Marina.
San Pedro town itself is pretty Spanish with a smattering of British bars.:cool:

wallington seagull

Sep 8, 2003
Harry H - looked on google earth and can't see the arena? Can you post directions from AP7 please?
Many thanks

Harry H

Comfortably numb.
Aug 11, 2010
many thanks Gazwag

It depends if you are going North (From Murcia Airport) or travelling South (From Alicante Airport).
San Pedro is well signposted and the ground is not far from the beach.If you find yourself in the sea you have gone too far!:lolol:

I asked about cost to get in,but as usual in Spain I got two different answers.
One was that it would be free entry. Another said it would be €5.....about four quid.

wallington seagull

Sep 8, 2003
It depends if you are going North (From Murcia Airport) or travelling South (From Alicante Airport).
San Pedro is well signposted and the ground is not far from the beach.If you find yourself in the sea you have gone too far!:lolol:

I asked about cost to get in,but as usual in Spain I got two different answers.
One was that it would be free entry. Another said it would be €5.....about four quid.

On the Pinatar Arena website there is a small poster advertising the game which says 10 euros entry. Will be coming from Mazarron, think I've worked out which exit, onto the N322 then onto another N road which takes me there. Thanks

mikeyapps

Jun 1, 2008
Does anyone know exactly where and when the development squad games are and who they are playing

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Does anyone know exactly where and when the development squad games are and who they are playing

They are apparantly playing at the La Manga Resort which is a few miles (not sure how many) south, there is supposed to be a game on the Wednesday I think plus 2 others but that is about as much as I can remember from the initial communication in May - club are really pulling the stops out to help the fans arn't they :facepalm:

tommyseagull

Jan 11, 2012
Just thought i would share some info. I just rang up the Arena Pinatar where the games are being held; its pay on the gate,10 euros a ticket for adults, gates open at 5.30 spanish time and its a seated stadium and you can sit where you like. If anyone needs the number for the Arena Pinatar for questions its (0034) 968116060, very helpful people, if they answer in spanish just say abla ingles and an english bloke will get on the fone.

Hopefully shall see a few of you there, I'll be in the yellow away shirt with "Reado 9 " on the back, would be good to meet some other brighton fans. Only seen one since ive been living here and just shouted seagulls at him and got a funny look :)

mikeyapps

Jun 1, 2008
They are apparantly playing at the La Manga Resort which is a few miles (not sure how many) south, there is supposed to be a game on the Wednesday I think plus 2 others but that is about as much as I can remember from the initial communication in May - club are really pulling the stops out to help the fans arn't they :facepalm:

Tell me about it, we are leaving tomorrow and are not sure when the development squad are actually playing which is frustrating

LukeOwen

Jun 7, 2011
Hampshire
Because the club have been less than forthcoming we emailed La Manga Club and this is their info:

Hi,

The game on the 11th is against the Japanese U21 team and then on the 15th
against Cartagena FC both games are at 7pm at the moment . If you need
anything else please let me know and I will be more than happy to help.

Regards

Chad Harpur
Director Of Sports
La Manga Club
0034 676 464043

goldstone rocks

Feb 25, 2009
Those that are driving, leave the AP7 at junction 774. once you come off the motorway you will come to a roundabout with a fishing boat sitting in the middle of it. It is then straight over to next roundabout and then left.

Going to marina after the game (great restaurants and very Spanish )and a beer at Amigos before the game.

Flying Alicante tomorrow lunchtime with Squeezyjet. Bound to be late. Must remember to charge my ipad tonight. Don't want customs keeping it!

mikeyapps

Jun 1, 2008
We are playing Japan u21 tomorrow (11th) at the la manga club pitch A at 7 o'clock their time and are at the same place on Tuesday 15th against Cartagena FC at 7 again. Source - La manga club website

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here