Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Any truth in Danny Ings set to sign for 2.5 million ?

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
Even if Liverpool were willing to loan Ings, which I seriously doubt, he had just made his England debut before he got injured, no chance he will want to drop into the championship.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
I would love this to be true but surely they'd want more than £2.5m for him

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Does anyone else reckon that Klopp knows that Ings is at best a Championship player?
IMO one of the most over rated players out there.

beefypigeon

Aug 14, 2008
I actually think this is EXACTLY the kind of player we should be aiming for.

If premier league teams are looking for a tried and tested prem striker, Ings has only scored 14 goals in the premier league over the last two seasons. He is also fairly injury prone, so would be seen as a risk, albeit a fairly cheap one.

If you can keep him fit, he would surely be absolute dynamite in the championship. Although it's an unlikely signing, I don't think it's entirely out of the question.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I actually think this is EXACTLY the kind of player we should be aiming for.

If premier league teams are looking for a tried and tested prem striker, Ings has only scored 14 goals in the premier league over the last two seasons. He is also fairly injury prone, so would be seen as a risk, albeit a fairly cheap one.

If you can keep him fit, he would surely be absolute dynamite in the championship. Although it's an unlikely signing, I don't think it's entirely out of the question.

Out since last October..where do u get 2 seasons from?

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
Someone who i would love on loan would be Jay Rodriguez from Southampton . didnt he have a bad injury last season . would love him to prove his fitness here

Tekanne

Feb 4, 2015
Someone who i would love on loan would be Jay Rodriguez from Southampton . didnt he have a bad injury last season . would love him to prove his fitness here

Much more chance of getting Ings than Rodriguez tbh

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Other than financial I don't see how the club can justify bringing in a striker who has had a recent serious injury or is aging.

The right striker will easily be able to bring out the very best from Hemed, Murray and Baldock, not to mention someone from the junior ranks.
Sadly that's going to cost, esp taking into consideration how much a crocked one will set Tony back.

But it's an expense the club has dodged for so long and each season they've come up short.

With the rest of the team purring, it's time for Tony to bite the bullet on a player that he can have some confidence in.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Out since last October..where do u get 2 seasons from?

One season with Burnley and a few months with Liverpool before injury. He's had one serious injury which is hardly being injury prone (he did seem to have another long term injury when a youth player). When you describe someone as injury prone I tend to think of the likes of Buckley or Darren Anderton. Slight knock and they are suddenly incapable of walking!!!!

Blues Rock DJ

Apr 18, 2011
Dorset
Other than financial I don't see how the club can justify bringing in a striker who has had a recent serious injury or is aging.

The right striker will easily be able to bring out the very best from Hemed, Murray and Baldock, not to mention someone from the junior ranks.
Sadly that's going to cost, esp taking into consideration how much a crocked one will set Tony back.

But it's an expense the club has dodged for so long and each season they've come up short.

With the rest of the team purring, it's time for Tony to bite the bullet on a player that he can have some confidence in.

Well put !

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
More chance of Danny Ings coming on here to post he's not SINGING than him actually SINGING.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here