Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Any truth in Danny Ings set to sign for 2.5 million ?

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
But they had no option to pay, you made it sound, possibly deliberately, that someone had just signed him.. They may still try to off load him if Klopp doesn't think he is good enough for the team, not that I think he is coming here.

Oh so you're being pedantic. Great.

A young, highly-rated English striker is going nowhere for less than £10 million regardless of what the gaffer thinks of him. Not to mention his c70k a week wages. File this under complete and utter bullshit.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Rumour of Danny Ings set to sign very soon for 2.5 million within the next week. Spoke to a albion fan at cricket today. Seemed to know his stuff. True or just a load of bull ?

He clearly doesnt know his stuff and you must know even less to believe such a rumour. What a twonk.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Oh so you're being pedantic. Great.

A young, highly-rated English striker is going nowhere for less than £10 million regardless of what the gaffer thinks of him. Not to mention his c70k a week wages. File this under complete and utter bullshit.

I agree with your last comment in regards of us being in for him but I disagree that just because they have had to pay additional amounts due to a tribunal that won't stop him going somewhere else. All depends on whether Klopp likes what he sees in training or if he thinks he can get better. Benteke is in similar position. Signed last year and most certainly doesn't seem to be flavour of the month/year as far as Klopp is concerned and of course there is talk of him going elsewhere.

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing
Rumour of Danny Ings set to sign very soon for 2.5 million within the next week. Spoke to a albion fan at cricket today. Seemed to know his stuff. True or just a load of bull ?

2.5m!!! haha, at least 8m i would say and even then they'll be loads of clubs ahead of us to sign him who would pay him the wages he would be looking for im guessing??

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Liverpool tweeted this two hours ago. It doesn't look like he's in Brighton. :wink:

[tweet]749566877215502336[/tweet]

origigull

Jun 29, 2009
Could it be that we have talked about a season long loan for £2.5m. I can't see Ings getting a start for Liverpool this season in the 1st team. It does seem too far fetched that we could buy him outright.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I believe that we could have made inquiries about his availability but not at £2.5m

That might be not far out. We made inquiries about others and the clubs are quoting a lot more than that for their strikers.

Clubs are seeing players like Andre Gray and players like him sell for mega bucks and make a difference and they think their own reputable striker meets a similar valuation. And with so many clubs in the Championship shelling out big money on strikers, in the hope that they can fire them to the Premiership. The enquiries of those clubs for the same strikers, is actually driving up the demands of the selling clubs.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
I agree with your last comment in regards of us being in for him but I disagree that just because they have had to pay additional amounts due to a tribunal that won't stop him going somewhere else. All depends on whether Klopp likes what he sees in training or if he thinks he can get better. Benteke is in similar position. Signed last year and most certainly doesn't seem to be flavour of the month/year as far as Klopp is concerned and of course there is talk of him going elsewhere.

So you're saying Benteke is the 1.75mill back up plan?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Reading football rumours website is criminal enough, but to then tell others :facepalm:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here