Any tips for the Grand National?

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
If you're a horse: don't go

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Agreed, Many Clouds is a top class horse and has a favourite's chance.
Last year's 2nd. Saint Are, has had a wind op and could be thrown in running of a mark of 146.
Anyway I'm sure someone will pop up on this thread just after half five tomorrow to tell us all the winner.

Argghh. I Keep looking at Saint Are and I keep not backing it. Didn't know about the wind op. Would have arguably won last year if the handicapper hadn't upped it's mark to guarantee entry after its Kelso win. I'm going to have to have a tenner Ew.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
If Black Thunder wins I'm giving up the game. The thought of the fawning interviews with Sam Waley-cohen explaining how ''daddy bought me a horse to ride in the Grand National only last Thursday'' make me want to spew.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Well, I've got this week's beer money on Sir Des Champs. Bet was placed hours before its named jockey fell off in another race and broke his wrist - to be replaced by a lady jockey. Now my bet has to be a true history maker for me to beat Patrick Power!

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Argghh. I Keep looking at Saint Are and I keep not backing it. Didn't know about the wind op. Would have arguably won last year if the handicapper hadn't upped it's mark to guarantee entry after its Kelso win. I'm going to have to have a tenner Ew.

[tweet]715494731749441536[/tweet]

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
If Black Thunder wins I'm giving up the game. The thought of the fawning interviews with Sam Waley-cohen explaining how ''daddy bought me a horse to ride in the Grand National only last Thursday'' make me want to spew.

I have to do £10EW as have Black Thunder in the NSC sweepstake.Last year backed £20 EW on the back of my selected NSC sweepstake and got some 25-1 nag called Many Clouds. Apologies and facing a ban but need to explain the logic.

Mtoto

Sep 28, 2003
Well, I've got this week's beer money on Sir Des Champs. Bet was placed hours before its named jockey fell off in another race and broke his wrist - to be replaced by a lady jockey. Now my bet has to be a true history maker for me to beat Patrick Power!

Can think of several reasons why SDS probably won't win, but the jockey isn't one of them. Nina's the bees.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Just a par - because it's masters week
Aachen - just because of the owner
Gallant Oscar - because of Garcia
Unioniste - because of my left leaning political persuasion
Rocky Creek - because there was a thread on here this week about someone meeting a fellow fan at Boggy Creek (and I've been there before) yes, very tenuous.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Morning Assembly for me

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Gallant Oscar

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
I've gone for the following -

Aachen
Shutthefrontdoor
Gallant Oscar
The Romford Pele
Black Thunder

fataddick

Feb 6, 2004
The seaside.
Bet Victor is my tip. Found I had an unused tenner credit (from years ago most likely) on there. Very surprised that their each way gives quarter odds for the first SIX. I thought they'd compensate for this with shorter odds but the 33/1 I got on Boston Bob was the best price available too.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
kruzhlinin at 33/1 for me. 10th last year. At a new yard and has improved a lot. Defo worth a e/w shout

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here