Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] Any roofers out there?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I would wait until the neighbour is getting his roof done then grab the guy and sure as sure he will do it for £20 🤣😀
The neighbours did get their roof done and we asked the people who were doing it, but they didn't want to know

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
The neighbours did get their roof done and we asked the people who were doing it, but they didn't want to know
You obviously missed the old NSC post about waiting for tradesmen to turn up in the street working for neighbours and they would be happy to fix anything for you for £20 if you asked them because they happened to be there anyway or something like that 🤣😀

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
I would wait until the neighbour is getting his roof done then grab the guy and sure as sure he will do it for £20 🤣😀
My neighbour does that & it drives me f**king loopy. Typical conversation with my neighbour......
Me: I'm getting a gardener to do the top and my side of our shared hedge, do you want them to do your side as well?
Neighbour: No I can't afford it
Me(In my head): I can't either but the hedges are beginning to look like trees.
Me (In real life): Ok, just thought I'd ask.

A week later a random gardener comes round to do the hedges, I pay a bloody fortune, make sure that they have tea, coffee or whatever and then right when they're near to finishing, my neighbour asks them to do their side as well. They get it cheaper as they're already there! Drives me insane, especially when last year I couldn't afford o get it done at all & I personally hacked the hedge to pieces trying to do it myself as it's so high, but my neighbour did nothing their side. So now I'll pay for 2 years of growth but my neighbour will pay for a 'light trim' after I've paid for 2ft to be taken off the tops. My neighbour is lovely but this really winds me up! :lolol:

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
My neighbour does that & it drives me f**king loopy. Typical conversation with my neighbour......
Me: I'm getting a gardener to do the top and my side of our shared hedge, do you want them to do your side as well?

A week later a random gardener comes round to do the hedges, I pay a bloody fortune, make sure that they have tea, coffee or whatever and then right when they're near to finishing, my neighbour asks them to do their side as well. They get it cheaper as they're already there! Drives me insane, especially when last year I couldn't afford o get it done at all & I personally hacked the hedge to pieces trying to do it myself as it's so high, but my neighbour did nothing their side. So now I'll pay for 2 years of growth but my neighbour will pay for a 'light trim' after I've paid for 2ft to be taken off the tops. My neighbour is lovely but this really winds me up! :lolol:
🤣 I’ts quite common often I get approached by the neighbours if I’m on a job, whilst you’re here could you have a quick look at…… I never do, money hasn’t been discussed as you would with the proper client it can quickly turn into a circus.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
🤣 I’ts quite common often I get approached by the neighbours if I’m on a job, whilst you’re here could you have a quick look at…… I never do, money hasn’t been discussed as you would with the proper client it can quickly turn into a circus.
I have a plain van these days, when I had my details on the sides of other vans I would get asked occasionally, doesn’t happen now, slightly annoying when I wanted to go home or didn’t want to be late for the next job.
Was more of a hindrance though, I would get asked for spare tap washers and free advice…..got hassled and even followed by members of the travelling community a few times which obviously wasn’t nice, :rolleyes:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Good to see that the OP is not considering the Rod Hull solution :thumbsup:

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I have a plain van these days, when I had my details on the sides of other vans I would get asked occasionally, doesn’t happen now, slightly annoying when I wanted to go home or didn’t want to be late for the next job.
Was more of a hindrance though, I would get asked for spare tap washers and free advice…..got hassled and even followed by members of the travelling community a few times which obviously wasn’t nice, :rolleyes:
Me neither mainly when I’m packing tools away or carrying in rolls of cable I get approached, I ditched a van years ago nothing but headaches. My last was a Mercedes sprinter which was stolen with all the tools, I now have a two door Fiesta with the darkest window tint I could get so you can’t see in. If I need large items I get them delivered to site.
Were the tinkers after your copper? 😃

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Me neither mainly when I’m packing tools away or carrying in rolls of cable I get approached, I ditched a van years ago nothing but headaches. My last was a Mercedes sprinter which was stolen with all the tools, I now have a two door Fiesta with the darkest window tint I could get so you can’t see in. If I need large items I get them delivered to site.
Were the tinkers after your copper? 😃
One that followed me to a customer’s house was really aggressive asking me for scrap, after I put him on his arse I realised he wanted copper and brass :lolol:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

I am the poster referenced and this has all gone a bit 'sinister'. lol.

My terraced neighbour was having his roof fully re-tiled, a week's work, scaffolding, the usual banging and crashing.
I had a few tiles that had slid down (probably pulled out as I was trying to remove ivy) that were within the overlapped scaffolding.

As I was leaving one day either I asked the boss or he asked me about pushing them back into place.

Either way he did, so when I came back from the village I gave him £20 for the trouble.
That in turn coincided with a similar thread to this, and a hahaha post from me.

Quite how that becomes something to hold onto for 10 (ish) years is pretty hard to fathom.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here