Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] Any roofers out there?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
We're looking for a roofer to replace three tiles that have come off our roof. We've tried a few but had no luck, it seems to be too small a job for them.

Are they any on NSC who would be interested? (we're in Coldean)

SteveU

May 31, 2022
I own a roofing company, if you want to send me some photos we will be able to help.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..

but based in Leeds so not much use down south.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
If you are incredibly rich and don't care about money I'm sure the Albion sponsor does a cracking job

At least he’s legit. H&S, insurance, scaffolding.

With roofing jobs I always think punters need to double what they had in mind as expensive.

Different to the two c. 30 year olds who knocked on my door spring 22, pointing out 4 loose hip roof ridge tiles. Quite intimidatory, within 20 minutes ladders at the back and front.

Quote … £2,500.

It was true, the tiles were loose and not their doing.

I made sure there was a witness when I declined the ‘kind’ offer. I was annoyed with myself for getting into a conversation.

Later I learnt how to replace them and did it myself, costing a few trowels of pug.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
At least he’s legit. H&S, insurance, scaffolding.

With roofing jobs I always think punters need to double what they had in mind as expensive.
That may well be but when their quote is multiples of other local roofers you have to question it.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Ooooops - quickly scanned latest NSC headlines this morning and misread this one to read Any poofters out there???

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Ooooops - quickly scanned latest NSC headlines this morning and misread this one to read Any poofters out there???
IMG_9148.jpeg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here