Any residents of Preston Park Station area incl Preston Drove Claremont Road ..

• Thread starter Deleted User X18H
  • Start date

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

D

Deleted User X18H

Maybe, but do you really want all your visitors driving around trying to find parking?
Yep it might encourage them to piss off quicker if they have miles to walk back to their cars!!:lolol:

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Irrespective of that I am community spirited therefore concerned that the vunerable (young mothers and the elderly) have to walk back 'miles' to their homes because they cannot park outside the own residencies because commuters park around here in their DROVES !!! This is the only main line station area without residents parking AT THE MOMENT!!

OK, so where were these young mothers and the elderly, when the commuter parked in "their" parking space?

This is what I don't get, commuters will be out early, parking in whatever spaces are available early. While the vunerable are still in bed, or eating their Weetabix. So, when the "vunerable" go out, there will be no commuters looking to park in "their" spaces.

Surely the houses around there all have drives, and garages? It all smacks of the same sort of NIMBYISM that threatens to engulf this country.

D

Deleted User X18H

Not sure why commuter trains are of such a concern to Mr H.

Everything concerns me from spelling mistakes in the Argus to tenants behaving themselves and paying their rent on time!!!;)

D

Deleted User X18H

What are you wittering about.

Must be time for you to pop down to day centre.

I guess you need to make sure your alledged tenants pay their rent, need all the income streams and all that.
Wittering? no we don't have any in Wittering East or West. Me and the boy will be at Dyke Road Park swings in about half an hour then back home for elevenses him sleepy time and me picking out a few certs for this savvo which I may share with the NSC community..............oh not forgetting looking on line for a job or something like that.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Wittering? no we don't have any in Wittering East or West. Me and the boy will be at Dyke Road Park swings in about half an hour then back home for elevenses him sleepy time and me picking out a few certs for this savvo which I may share with the NSC community..............oh not forgetting looking on line for a job or something like that.

Well that is super I am sure.

Please do not wrap up warm.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Maybe, but do you really want all your visitors driving around trying to find parking?

Maybe he's hoping not to have any visitors...

20070621_dwp3.jpg

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Get over yourselves, parking should be free EVERYWHERE unless it presents a danger to other road users. If your car is there, then someone else can't park there, if you are not there, then why the heck can't someone else, who pays road tax, park there? That is, after all, what a parking space is for.
I see what you mean. Currently people who live in the area park their cars there at night. Once they've gone to work those vacant spaces can then be taken by train users as opposed to just sitting there empty all day. Unfortuantely there is a major flaw in your argument - it makes sense. You must remember that parking restrictions and traffic management in Brighton is nothing to do common sense and everything to do with spite. Which ever policy pisses off the greatest number of people will be the one adopted.

Clothes Peg

Mar 3, 2007
(young mothers and the elderly) have to walk back 'miles' to their homes because they cannot park outside the own residencies

I wouldn't worry about the 'elderly'. When people reach retirement, many (not all, I don't want to offend all honest OAPs here) think it is their god given right (disabled or not) to have a blue badge enabling them to abandon their car on the nearest yellow line, regardless of how dangerous or inconvenient it is to other road users. Alternatively, as is more likely in this case, they will have a reserved space marked 'disabled' outside their own house. So that's one concern you can take off your list. Maybe you could add young fathers as well as young mothers? You yourself should know all about the difficulties faced with walking around with a small child.

D

Deleted User X18H

Maybe he's hoping not to have any visitors...

20070621_dwp3.jpg
You see Duffer with this you are accusing me of breaking the law by way of claiming and income based benefit I know I am not entitled to claim and as Ed said what is posted on here can have consequences so be a bit careful.

Last edited:

Dr Q

Jul 29, 2004
Cobbydale
Maybe HB&B could hand out his CV to these commuters. The Job Centre would be ecstatic about the number of potential employers he could contact!

D

Deleted User X18H

Maybe HB&B could hand out his CV to these commuters. The Job Centre would be ecstatic about the number of potential employers he could contact!
That is a good idea ..........but I might get a job!!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports