Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Any residents of Preston Park Station area incl Preston Drove Claremont Road ..

• Thread starter Deleted User X18H
  • Start date

D

Deleted User X18H

...Knoyle Road, Elms Lea Ave, Hampstead Road etc PLEASE PLEASE vote for RESIDENTS PARKING ONLY early next year.

Train services are changing from next Sunday 14th therefore the most viable trains to get to London Bridge in the rush hour are going to call at Preston Park but not run from Brighton therefore 100's more people are going to travel from PP and parking around the station is going to be horrendous. Get you car in place Sunday night and don't move it until mid morning Monday if you can repeat the practice all week.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Really...I thought the 7.33 was still running from Brighton...

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Alternately park at the station and walk the 10 mins to preston park and do your heart a power of good at the same time ya lazy fookers :thumbsup:

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
You will get your residents parking - not because its anything other than a few more quid in the bank for the council for the cost of a few yellow lines.

And then I and any visitors will have to pay to park outside my place where its been free until now.

If anyone really thinks the council will not impose this regardless of the sham consultation, they really need to wake up and look at every other similar scheme in the city. Selling more permits than spaces is imoral so don't expect to be able to park in the space you have paid for outside Chez B&B.

Eventually the yellow lines and the charging will reach the A27 and then they will have to think of something else. :censored:ing :censored:kers

:censored:ing hell, I was having a nice chilled evening - and now I've had to have a rant. Pass the scotch. Calm down.

Last edited:

D

Deleted User X18H

Really...I thought the 7.33 was still running from Brighton...
yes it is but the 0641 isn't running at all !! therefore instead of getting the suggested (by Southern) 0632 Gatwick Express and changing at Haywards Heath they will all be driving to Preston Park in their droves and piling on the 0638 London Bridge!!!

gullshark

Dec 5, 2005
Worthing
I thought the Gatwick Express only called at Gatwick and Victoria... ? (the new one, that is - from Brighton)

D

Deleted User X18H

I thought residents and permit parking was coming in around Preston park from January 09 ?
No just the talking about it.

I am setting up an independent residents action group today N(O)CP(R)APPS

No Offensive commuter parking (Relating to)around Preston Park Station.

NOCPRAPPS

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Get over yourselves, parking should be free EVERYWHERE unless it presents a danger to other road users. If your car is there, then someone else can't park there, if you are not there, then why the heck can't someone else, who pays road tax, park there? That is, after all, what a parking space is for.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
But surely this won't worry you HB&B. I would imagine that you must have a double garage and driveway in that mansion in central brighton. Parking on the street is so common ???

D

Deleted User X18H

But surely this won't worry you HB&B. I would imagine that you must have a double garage and driveway in that mansion in central brighton. Parking on the street is so common ???
Irrespective of that I am community spirited therefore concerned that the vunerable (young mothers and the elderly) have to walk back 'miles' to their homes because they cannot park outside the own residencies because commuters park around here in their DROVES !!! This is the only main line station area without residents parking AT THE MOMENT!!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
There's big wide streets round Preston Park, plenty of free space, dead handy for match-days being an easy walk to withdean (and outside the club's exclusion zone). IMHO absolutely no need for Residents Only parking and all the petty officialdom it will bring down on everybody's heads.

D

Deleted User X18H

There's big wide streets round Preston Park, plenty of free space, dead handy for match-days being an easy walk to withdean (and outside the club's exclusion zone). IMHO absolutely no need for Residents Only parking and all the petty officialdom it will bring down on everybody's heads.
So says the non licence holder;)

D

Deleted User X18H

What Suburb does it mention Bratt!!!??

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Irrespective of that I am community spirited therefore concerned that the vunerable (young mothers and the elderly) have to walk back 'miles' to their homes because they cannot park outside the own residencies because commuters park around here in their DROVES !!! This is the only main line station area without residents parking AT THE MOMENT!!

There is no resident only parking around my mainline station, still I dont live in a shithole

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here