Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Any positives from the Lewes match?

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Tilley wearing 18 is interesting, I wonder what number Forster-Caskey is taking over.

That's interesting to some people. :blush:

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Tilley wearing 18 is interesting, I wonder what number Forster-Caskey is taking over.

That's interesting to some people. :blush:

It's only preseason so I wouldn't take anything from the kit numbers that the DS lads are wearing.

garethjamesuk

Jan 6, 2004
Eastbourne
Youngsters got a game and we saw that O grady and Colonga upfront together is not good enough, eg showing we need to get another one or two forwards in, but we played 90% backups and youth team players so nothing to really into it, but our moaning fans will think this is our first team and expect to win by 4-5 goals doesnt happen often as your see premiership sides and lower losing to teams who non league as to the lower teams its the players chances to prove and biggest game of year for them.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Youngsters got a game and we saw that O grady and Colonga upfront together is not good enough, eg showing we need to get another one or two forwards in, but we played 90% backups and youth team players so nothing to really into it, but our moaning fans will think this is our first team and expect to win by 4-5 goals doesnt happen often as your see premiership sides and lower losing to teams who non league as to the lower teams its the players chances to prove and biggest game of year for them.

No they won't

The Brighton Buzz

Falmer here we come
Jan 31, 2008
Youngsters got a game and we saw that O'Grady and Colonga upfront together is not good enough, eg showing we need to get another one or two forwards in, but we played 90% backups and youth team players so nothing to really into it, but our moaning fans will think this is our first team and expect to win by 4-5 goals doesnt happen often as your see premiership sides and lower losing to teams who non league as to the lower teams its the players chances to prove and biggest game of year for them.

Absolutely this. How many of those who played against Lewis will play the first game against Forest. Hardly any. Calde is not a winger. If we play two up front together then we need a wide player to supply the balls in. Solly March could be the answer if he can stay fit. Colunga and O'Grady must be on their way out on this performance. This was friendly for christs sake and the quality of our side was picked with the opposition in mind. I will worry if we get stuffed against Crawley when more of our First teamers are playing. There were positives against Lewes and most of those have been mentioned in the posts on this thread. The good thing is that some DS players did themselves no harm at all. We need another quality striker and I am sure the club are working on that. We probably need another centre half, but Dallison looked good albeit against inferior opposition. A year in the conference with Dartford obviously did him good. As I said see what the team is against Crawley and then if the performance is poor have a go, but anyone who thinks the team against Lewes is anywhere near the starting lineup against Forest is bonkers.:)

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Youngsters got a game and we saw that O grady and Colonga upfront together is not good enough, eg showing we need to get another one or two forwards in, but we played 90% backups and youth team players so nothing to really into it, but our moaning fans will think this is our first team and expect to win by 4-5 goals doesnt happen often as your see premiership sides and lower losing to teams who non league as to the lower teams its the players chances to prove and biggest game of year for them.[/QUOTE]

Erm, no they won't and you do the fans a complete misservice even suggesting it.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Absolutely this. How many of those who played against Lewis will play the first game against Forest. Hardly any. Calde is not a winger. If we play two up front together then we need a wide player to supply the balls in. Solly March could be the answer if he can stay fit. Colunga and O'Grady must be on their way out on this performance. This was friendly for christs sake and the quality of our side was picked with the opposition in mind. I will worry if we get stuffed against Crawley when more of our First teamers are playing. There were positives against Lewes and most of those have been mentioned in the posts on this thread. The good thing is that some DS players did themselves no harm at all. We need another quality striker and I am sure the club are working on that. We probably need another centre half, but Dallison looked good albeit against inferior opposition. A year in the conference with Dartford obviously did him good. As I said see what the team is against Crawley and then if the performance is poor have a go, but anyone who thinks the team against Lewes is anywhere near the starting lineup against Forest is bonkers.:)

Whilst I agree with your comment re Forest, it must have been my imagination that COG, Calderon, Ince, Colunga and Holla played in the first team last season, and also Rosenoir was in the premier league....

These players should be playing for a starting place against Forest, if they aren't they shouldn't be at the club, which when you think about it makes the Lewes performance even more abject.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Think 99.99 % of us know that yesterday's team won't start against Forest, so for all the lickers twirling their blue & white handbags in the air, what people are saying is the strength In depth of our squad is still poor, that the fringe players looked so ordinary against a poor non league team that Got hammered 5-0 by Whitehawk 8 weeks ago, there's no pace or tempo in our side, no creativity no goal scorers no characters, we're a dour slow team with a dour manager
The club have bought a keeper no better than Stockdale, a right back Rosenier (decent) Bong (on par with Bennet) & HEMED fingers crossed he's another Ulloa instead of an OBIKA
Wednesday's Prediction ALBION 0 Crawley 0 and 2 more pints of DOOM please bartender

The Brighton Buzz

Falmer here we come
Jan 31, 2008
Think 99.99 % of us know that yesterday's team won't start against Forest, so for all the lickers twirling their blue & white handbags in the air, what people are saying is the strength In depth of our squad is still poor, that the fringe players looked so ordinary against a poor non league team that Got hammered 5-0 by Whitehawk 8 weeks ago, there's no pace or tempo in our side, no creativity no goal scorers no characters, we're a dour slow team with a dour manager
The club have bought a keeper no better than Stockdale, a right back Rosenier (decent) Bong (on par with Bennet) & HEMED fingers crossed he's another Ulloa instead of an OBIKA
Wednesday's Prediction ALBION 0 Crawley 0 and 2 more pints of DOOM please bartender

You really are a ray of sunshine aren't you. Lighten up

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
After all this it simply fuels the fire of my anticipation for Notts. Forrest and Fulham. I think we will all have a much clearer level of expectation, albeit after two games and a couple of beers along the way.
Not making any judgements yet, but 17th would be my punt.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

I hope Bong is a lot better than Bennett, it shouldn't be too difficult if he can actually defend. Is Rosenoir much better than Bruno?

The Brighton Buzz

Falmer here we come
Jan 31, 2008
Whilst I agree with your comment re Forest, it must have been my imagination that COG, Calderon, Ince, Colunga and Holla played in the first team last season, and also Rosenoir was in the premier league....

These players should be playing for a starting place against Forest, if they aren't they shouldn't be at the club, which when you think about it makes the Lewes performance even more abject.

I know that all the players you mentioned played last season but do you actually think that the players you mentioned will play as many games this year and I did not say that none of the players would play in the first league game. I agree they should be playing for their places but how many are actually good enough. Colunga and O'Grady offered nothing and expecting Calderon to help them out was asking a lot. Holla did not look interested. Unfortunately we gave three year contracts out like confetti and are lumbered. Rosenior only played by his own admission on SP, because he needed the extra game time and I am sure will play some part against Crawley in a half decent side. Yes it was an abject performance, but not one I am going to worry about given the quality of the side we put out.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Yesterdays match was dire - but my highlights were being moved on from the back of the main stand coz I was a fire hazard:moo: The second highlight was watching the game from the clubhouse after the window blinds developed a fault(ripped):ohmy:

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Yesterdays match was dire - but my highlights were being moved on from the back of the main stand coz I was a fire hazard:moo: The second highlight was watching the game from the clubhouse after the window blinds developed a fault(ripped):ohmy:

Fire hazard? Were you standing in the area marked with yellow paint ?

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton
Yep, I did not waste £10 on this

These pre-season matches are a waste of time even when we were playing top sides,okay for taking youngsters,no doubt Lewes supporters were boosted by avoiding defeat by a on paper Championship side, with a sunny weekend there were many more better choices for Albion supporters

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Also discovered what a great place Lewes is for a day trip in the sunshine. Surrounded by stunning downs and a rather decent but expensive vinyl record shop which I think was called Si Sounds or something similar.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here