Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Any positives from the Lewes match?

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Yes, apologies for my typo........ Good player though, went out on loan at Dartford and always impressed when I saw him in the Dev Squad. Off topic, Charlie Harris also came on and although he kept the ball well (arguably better than Ince and Holla), his progress seems to have stalled, and he didn't pose an offensive threat at all yesterday.

Charlie Harris sounds exactly like JFC then.......

I thought Harris was ok, the number 21 right?

I don't know what his position is but it looked like he was playing the Ince & Bridcutt CDM role yesterday.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I thought Harris was ok, the number 21 right?

I don't know what his position is but it looked like he was playing the Ince & Bridcutt CDM role yesterday.

Yes, been a lot more further forward with the Dev Squad, didn't get to show his shooting ability or killer passes for me.

I see him as a bit of a Lampard/George Graham.....

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Arrived in Lewes midday. Nice little market. Visited a few pubs. Sun was out and got to stand whilst watching. Negatives- £2 for a tiny programme with lots of adverts. Queues for toilets. Oh and the football.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Agree with previous posters the two young centre backs gave good accounts of themselves. Tilley showed some great touches and made some good runs, think sometimes he should have released the ball a little earlier but he's young and got time to learn that side of his game. New keeper looked assured, commanded his box well and claimed crosses easily and looked to get the ball moving quickly.

In the second half Monakana looked lively and went close a couple of times, created a few chances for the rest of the team to fluff.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Tilley and Monakana...

thony

Jul 24, 2011
Hollingbury
No injuries.
I notice that CH in his interview mentions that as an important element of games at this stage of preseason, so might that be a factor in why a number of players didn't look as though they were putting in full effort?

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Unbeaten so far if you look at other teams friendly results are not important it will be what the team delivers on the first leauge game.
However I am looking forward to the Home friendly .

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Watching the team shape was a positive (albeit with the same goal return as many games last year). It was a proper 4-4-2 without Clunge & CoG having to go out wide. With a different and better starting 11 plus some pace and guile on the flanks, we could be in for some entertainment!

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Watching the team shape was a positive (albeit with the same goal return as many games last year). It was a proper 4-4-2 without Clunge & CoG having to go out wide. With a different and better starting 11 plus some pace and guile on the flanks, we could be in for some entertainment!

Not sure how a proper 4-4-2 can be seen as a positive, but that is probably just me. Our strongest area of the team is central midfield and hughton seems as though he is going to limit that to a 2. Shame we have gone backwards, hopefully as the DS and u 18s push through he will be forced to change (should he still be here when/if that happens).

Rod Marsh

Aug 9, 2013
Sussex
I thought Ince played well. Bossed centre midfield. Holla offered very little. Would be happy to see him moved on.

Tilley I thought was terrific. Direct, ran at players. Showed some nice tricks, I was impressed with his quick feet and he really looked like he wanted to impress. I have very high hopes for him.

The front two of COG and Colunga were poor. I'd like to see COG not play wider than the width of the penalty box. He collects the ball wide, lays it off for a cross and then is obviously no where near the ball once the cross is delivered. The sooner he and Colunga are sold or released the better.

As much as I love Calderon, playing him right side of midfield is going to get us nowhere. Monakana was decent when he came on.

To sum up I can't wait for attacking players to be bought and added to the first eleven.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here