Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Any news with Gus

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
I go on Holiday Sunday for 10 nights, what's the odds that it still won't be resolved when I get back! :dunce:

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
perhaps whille gus is off playing in this touremant, Barber is thinking about charging programmes to 1901 members, charging you to sit in your allocated seat on matchdays....you may have a season ticket, but you dont own the chair remember! and when you purchase something that comes to .95.....not having any 5ps in the till!! mwahahaha

Its really good to see someone on here who's not the slightest bit bitter about things to do with the club :thumbsup:

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I go on Holiday Sunday for 10 nights, what's the odds that it still won't be resolved when I get back! :dunce:

I personally would expect it to be sorted before then. In fact I think it will have already been sorted in principle with details being sorted now, otherwise there's no way Gus would be off to the Caribbean at the moment.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Funny, he comes across very much like you with all those anti-club/Barber threads you started.

I have never posted an anti club thread in my life. Anti Barber, maybe, but never anti club.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
If this saga goes beyond the start of July, then all the ingredients are there for relegation next year.

Its really heartening to see your positivity being on top form as always :thumbsup:

I have been meaning to ask, how is the new job with the advertising sandwich boards going? and can you give us the heads up on exactly when the world is nigh?

View attachment 43526

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
I'm looking forward to the statement from the club on friday that will tell us absolutely f*ck all.

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
Pre season is what, about 2.5 weeks away and we appear to be no nearer a resolution. Gus is off on hols for a few days so it is looking like it will not be this week. I get the bit about due process etc, but the club is in great danger of doing serious damage to next season. I well remember the hinslewood saga many years ago.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Come off it - it's only been three weeks - during which time the entire populace of Greater Sussex-by-the-Sea has been banned from writing anything about what might or might not be going on. Check back in a couple of months and see if the esteemed CEO has sent out a few more holding notes - due process - being professional - will take as long as it takes - you are the greatest fans on the planet - thanks for your patience and understanding - here's a new scheme to make more dough out of you - kind of stuff. I understand a new season will start soon - but they might need to hang on a bit for us join in. The thought police are at the door again sorry.....

Paranoid schizophrenia or just pissed up?

albion534

Mar 4, 2010
Brighton, United Kingdom
Its really good to see someone on here who's not the slightest bit bitter about things to do with the club :thumbsup:

Me, bitter? Never :lol:

I'm actually not fussed with what's going on, it will all get resolved...it's a bit like when a club signs some league 1 player for the championship, then NSC goes into meltdown!

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
The more this drags on the more I'm convinced Poyet will be here next season like it or not.

Like it not.
Its like a partner or colleague thats been caught out or let you down. As much as you try to forgive and forget, you can never rid yourself of that little scintilla of doubt. That feeling of implicit trust eroded. That feeling that not everyone is pulling in the same direction. That close relationship that will never be the same again.
You cannot turn the clock back and resume as if nothing has happened. Regrettably, you have to wipe the slate clean and start afresh. It is cathartic. It has to be done.

Agree with this. I am very pessimistic about next season especially if we have a half- hearted Gus in charge.

That's the bit that doesn't bother me at all, if he was half hearted and it showed, who would employ him after that?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here