any news on a return to training/team for vicente????

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Back on topic, I really would not be surprised if Vicente starts from the bench on Saturday, and we get another GEM of a performance from him. :beer:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Yeah ok, of course he will.

The same Bruno who has dealt very well with the likes of Ronaldo and Messi, just 2 seasons back? Yeah I'm sure he's terrified about Zaha.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
2 seasons ago !

So why's he not still plying his trade against that level of footballer ?

His contract at Valencia came to an end and he wanted to play in England. Vicente was already here and told Gus who attracts great players to our club like Wayne Bridge and La Liga Spanish players.

Aquilaugh

Jan 9, 2011
His contract at Valencia came to an end and he wanted to play in England. Vicente was already here and told Gus who attracts great players to our club like Wayne Bridge and La Liga Spanish players.

Ah I see, wanted to play in the 2nd tier of English football did he ?

In other words, too old for the top flight and taking an easy option.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
2 seasons ago !

So why's he not still plying his trade against that level of footballer ?

Ah, must be shit then. Why isn't Zaha playing in the Champions League for Barcelona? Retarded argument.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Ah I see, wanted to play in the 2nd tier of English football did he ?

In other words, too old for the top flight and taking an easy option.

30. Ancient. Your argument doesn't work as we can just say "well Zaha must be shit if he's at Palace."

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
30. Ancient. Your argument doesn't work as we can just say "well Zaha must be shit if he's at Palace."

Good comments, adding in the factor of a former team mate, a Spanish speaking management team who are ambitious and a great stadium and city to live, then it's a no brainer. Unfortunately our 'friends' from up the road have no brain to figure it out for themselves.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
To be honest, what the shag gives any Palace Goon / Troll the right to be commenting and posting on a thread about The Dagger anyway.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
So, getting back to the intent of this particular thread - Is Vicente back in training and ready to play?

In fact - any news on the other injured players?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

So, the door is not ENTIRELY closed on Sparrow either, apparently...

“It depends on him (Hoskins) now, not on me. It is not in my hands, it’s in his hands.

“It depends if he is good enough to perform.

“If you can do better than someone else, you can play.”

Hoskins has not been listed in the Albion squad printed on the back of the match programme for home games.

The same applies to out of favour Matt Sparrow and Romain Vincelot.

Poyet said: “When he deserves to be there he will get a number.

“If in December or January, if the best player on the pitch in training for weeks is Matt Sparrow, he will get a number and he will play.”

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports