Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Any HR bods here?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
once i asked HR how many "paid sick day i had left for the year".....they said i couldn't ask such questions, i demanded to know......they told me......then i used them wisely ;-)

That's great. Well done you*

*that's sarcasm btw, you freeloading tosspot.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
The company only has to pay SSP, full sick pay is always at an employers discretion

They are paying 0, so not even SSP

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
They are paying 0, so not even SSP

You might find managers discretion is quoted somewhere else in the system for sick pay, generally if you qualify it is so many weeks full pay in the year, so many weeks at half pay in the year and it is also generally that company sick pay is at the discretion of the relevant manager. May be worth asking HR to show you where it states what they are telling you or your friend

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
once i asked HR how many "paid sick day i had left for the year".....they said i couldn't ask such questions, i demanded to know......they told me......then i used them wisely ;-)
This makes a lot of sense.

hybrid fancies extra days off
hybrid takes the piss
hybrid gets absolutely no-where, careerwise
hybrid dons tin foil hat and blames the lizards, bullingdon bullies & illuminati for his own shortcomings

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
The employee handbook forms part of the contract - if it says 50% pay then that's what they HAVE to pay. Manager "desecration" leaves the company open to a discrimination claim. HR in this case are wrong.

Sorry but manager desecration is surely gross misconduct and would result in instant dismissal:)

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
ACAS (no relation to trade unions, and will give free advice to any employee over the phone) are excellent on such matters. Get your friend to call them, as they will tell him exactly what to do ... their advisors know employment law inside out, I know from personal experience.

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
Something that every employee is legally entitled to. If you're self employed, there's no entitlement, but - possibly - there are other advantages that are available to you.

*Stands back to prepare for a classic NSC binfest*
Yes you're right.

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
That's great. Well done you*
*that's sarcasm btw, you freeloading tosspot.

i made that company a fortune, and was within my own budgets to take days off here and there....which i did....i just also wanted all my sick days too.

i am a big fan of working smart, not working hard, call that freeloading all you like.....but the company benefited more from me than i did from them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here