Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Any Daft Punk fans out there ?

matildaseagull

Aug 12, 2003
Good Old Sussex
OK, on listen number two now, and like it lots and lots. I have pushed Year 3 writing assessments aside, grabbed a cold beer from the fridge, and am losing myself in the layers and textures (of the music, not the fridge). Some seriously good tunes. And I've only just realised the connection between Stardust and Daft Punk!

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Meh... Not a patch on Discovery and Homework

Suprised you said that but each to their own. Discovery is very good but Randon Access Memories is on a different level altogether imo. The best album for over a decade.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
How stunningly beautiful is " Touch " ? My new favourite. This album is just sublime.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Far too much vocoder on it. Very average album. One of the best PR jobs in years by Colombia Records.

The vocoder IS Daft Punk. Can't agree but each to their own. If we all loved the same stuff the World would be very tedious.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Got my first couple of listens of this yesterday. There are a couple of stand out tracks for me already plus a couple of others that may be growers.

An interesting album.

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
the vinyl version finally reached Perth 2 weeks ago and we've been flogging it since - absolutely mental, the inclusion of veretran session musicians such as Omar Hakim who just bashes the shit out of his kit on the demented closer Contact came right out of left field for me. Just love it.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Far too much vocoder on it. Very average album. One of the best PR jobs in years by Colombia Records.

I'm guessing you've never heard Daft Punk before. They are ROBOTS, they don't have human voices, so that's a bit harsh on them, prejudiced even.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
I havent listened to the new one yet. As much as I loved it Get lucky has already been consigned to the worn out bin, reinforced by my seven year old son constantly singing it just through radio airplay. I adored Homework when it cam out and absolutely HATED Discovery so be interesting to see where the new long player sits.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I havent listened to the new one yet. As much as I loved it Get lucky has already been consigned to the worn out bin, reinforced by my seven year old son constantly singing it just through radio airplay. I adored Homework when it cam out and absolutely HATED Discovery so be interesting to see where the new long player sits.

Get Lucky is one of the weaker tracks on the album. Genuinely.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Standout tracks for me are Georgio by Moroder and Touch

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Just got this album today and have to say as a Daft Punk Fan, this new album is the BOMB! TOP Album and imo their best yet!!

You expect some techno stuff in there, very mellow and very Daft Punk!

AMAZING STUFF!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here