Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Any Daft Punk fans out there ?

Chunk

Jun 8, 2011
North Stand
Only on second spin, but liking so far. It's all over the place (bit of disco, 'proper' House, pop, almost soft-rock) but I think that's what they intended, not consistent like Discovery. They've always done their own thing, and it's the same again here. Anyone new to Daft Punk and expecting Get Lucky x 13 will get a surprise.

If you are a fan, you'll understand it !

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
It has a few stand out tracks but I think it is a grower in the main

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
It's easy to rubbish Get Lucky given it's the radio playlist favourite, however this is an effortless production that ticks about just every box for a universal pop dance track. Memorable, uplifting, superb. They've made it look all too easy.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Adored Homework. Discovery less so, but still okay. Haven't bought anything else of theirs as they disappeared off my radar. Really don't get all the hoohah around Get Lucky, and all the 'its so this, it's so that' because for my money it really isn't anything at all, it's just overhyped blankness where some craft should be. Tres etrange!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
It's easy to rubbish Get Lucky given it's the radio playlist favourite, however this is an effortless production that ticks about just every box for a universal pop dance track. Memorable, uplifting, superb. They've made it look all too easy.

Spot on. And add toe-tapping to your list.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
I really like the album but there is a bit too much of the old vocoder for my liking. Still prefer Homework but that is because I like my straight up house innit!!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
And Woolworths bargain bucket in six weeks time too (if only such a thing still existed)

It's the bargain bin at Woolies isnt it? The bargain bucket is KFC.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
I can't understand how anyone can't like Get Lucky - it's a fantastic pop song. In fact, it kind of convinces me that even if the Beatles were around today, people wouldn't be that fussed about them. Get Lucky is in a direct lineage of disco classics, Chic with a new name, and is the kind of song which appeals to all and loses nothing on repeated listens.

As for the album, it's an interesting listen, but ultimately it's pretty self-indulgent and has glimpses of genius amongst too much filler. That said, some of the moments of excitement it produces are astonishing, it's just a shame that the duo have clearly been told to do WHATEVER they want, spend as much as they want, and basically believed their own hype to the point where no one is going to say "do you NEED this thirteenth song?"

That said, it is really good!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here