Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Any chance of reuniting Murray and Barnes?...

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
aaarrrrgggghhhh

grawhite

Jul 6, 2011
Brighton
Barnes left in the first place coz of all these morons saying he was shite, he was the only player that gave 120% every game, so missed some chances, ask Jimmy Greaves, he missed more than scored and was the best striker this country has ever seen.

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
Barnes left in the first place coz of all these morons saying he was shite, he was the only player that gave 120% every game, so missed some chances, ask Jimmy Greaves, he missed more than scored and was the best striker this country has ever seen.

Good grief, are you comparing Barnes to Jimmy Greaves?
Ashley is not fit to lace Jimmy's drinks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Barnes would have scored an absolute BARROWLOAD of goals for us last season now that proper levels of service into the box are in place.

In your opinion.... His goal scoring record at this level is very average and if we were talking about signing a player with his record that wasn't Barnes no one would be getting excited.

bobby baxter

Jan 31, 2014
In your opinion.... His goal scoring record at this level is very average and if we were talking about signing a player with his record that wasn't Barnes no one would be getting excited.

Maybe the reason his goal record is average at Championship level is because he never played as an out and out striker for us, his role was behind the lone striker, usually Macca, he was used by Gus to shore up the left midfield

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Given how good they were in League One and how both have played in the Premier League since they left, it would be at the very least "interesting" to see them as our front two this season.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Maybe the reason his goal record is average at Championship level is because he never played as an out and out striker for us, his role was behind the lone striker, usually Macca, he was used by Gus to shore up the left midfield

Plus half a season at Burnley which returned him 3 in 21 appearances.

That season in total at championship level got him 9 in 45. Whilst I'm not saying this is rubbish, my points are 1. We need better than Barnes if we want to improve. 2. If he was a striker with that record who hadn't played for us before people would be against it.

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
It's opinions only and in my opinion Barnes is gash and in most games he was gash and he was called "barn door barnes" for a reason:glare:

Would be an awful signing and I doubt Houghton would even look at him to be honest.

And opinions can be gash. I think 2+2=5 I'm right, it's my opinion and it can't be wrong.

SittingbourneSeagull

Dec 27, 2007
Sittingbourne
PMSL :lolol:
I remember Barnes scoring 20 odd in league 1 many moons ago although many were penalties.He will never be prolific because he's not good enough and loves missing sitter after sitter....people are obsessed with ex players and Barnes is disliked by most because he's actually pretty shite.

Would be a terrible signing :glare:

When you have made your mind up let us know.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
He was only called barn door barnes by a bunch of utter dicks. Fans with half a brain cell could see he was a top championship player and a key one in our squad.
Lol....he's nowhere near a top championship player as he's done nothing to suggest so :glare:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here