Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Anthony Knockaert - Bring Him Home

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
BBC political correctness, anyone who disagrees is just plain stupid.

If that were true we’d be getting Welsh and Northern Irish top division scores before the Championship as well wouldn’t we? As you say I may not be getting it because I am plain stupid though.

I am starting to get a blurred line on banter and seriousness on NSC these days :smile:

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
I wonder if this is the same discussions our recruitment team have when discussing possible loans and recalls.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I wonder if this is the same discussions our recruitment team have when discussing possible loans and recalls.
I find it hard to believe Uncle Spielberg's inward and outward looking take on life has much sway in recruitment meetings.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
In not one game this season have I thought, we could really do with Knockaert on the pitch. I don’t think we miss him at all so wouldn’t bring him back. A 5 years younger Murray on the other hand I’ve thought about nearly every game!

AK was wonderful in the league below and was a real catalyst for our promotion but we’ve moved on.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
"He's seen 1917 - sing him up !"
I guess by being prepared to pay for original thinking I should be careful for what I wish for. :lol:

That said the 8 pence is still in my safe as unbelievably through all of this nobody has said anything pertaining to AK they haven't already said kagillionbazillion times already.

and no that irony is not lost on me.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
In not one game this season have I thought, we could really do with Knockaert on the pitch. I don’t think we miss him at all so wouldn’t bring him back. A 5 years younger Murray on the other hand I’ve thought about nearly every game!

AK was wonderful in the league below and was a real catalyst for our promotion but we’ve moved on.

Yes, I find it really sad that we missed the best years of Murray’s career.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Clown, drivel, feck off, self absorbed prick. Not sure US actually insulted you in any of his posts did he? I just don’t enjoy seeing posters being run down like that. Did I need to comment? No probably not but I just felt a bit sorry for him :shrug:

Seemed a bit harsh to me. I don't personally attack people on their posts in that way. Seems odd nsc is supportive with well being issues on the one hand and utterly destructive and damaging in others. Words can have a massive impact on someone. 1917 comment was a generic thought that was all. Anyway lets hope we beat Villa

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
Careful what you wish for, the only real chance of seeing Knockers in the stripes again is next season if we get relegated.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
I don't think anyone will ever forget Knocky for how he TORE up the championship with us for a season and a half, but sadly he is one of those players in the Dwight Gayle, or Adel Tarrabt mould - clearly too good for the Championship, but not good enough for the PL.

For each wonder goal v Palace, there were tackles v Everton. For each bedazzling of an opposition LB there was him sulking and not tracking back after one of his runs wasn't found.

He'll be welcomed back into the city with open arms and probably wouldn't ever need to buy a drink in the city anymore, but we have Trossard who, whilst not the finished article yet has everything he has. Teams move on and wherever Knocky is after this season, whether it be Fulham, back with us or another club then he'll always be loved and adored...cos that's what he needs and thrives on.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I have lots of time for AK but it seems he’s just not a Potter type player

Yes, I think some of the criticism is a bit harsh.

Trossard post injury hasn’t exactly been consistent and the one thing Knockaert guarantees is constant effort.

I’m not saying he’s better than Trossard because he isn’t, but I’d rather have him as an option even from the bench.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The better Knockaert plays the more money we'll get for him. Imagine if he scored the play-off winner at Wembley vs Leeds?!

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
As much as he brightened up our Saturday afternoons in the championship, and occasionally in 2 seasons of PL survival, we've moved on. I'd rather see AJ and Trossard continue to improve than any regressive steps. AK isn't getting any better than he was three years ago.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
It's a digression but I think we really need a win today. NSC has been a bit glum the last few weeks.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Knockaert isn't PL quality, harsh but true

Which would be a shame for Fulham if they are committed to buy him for £15m but don’t get promoted to earn the dosh to pay us. I think if we stay up then I would rather have the money to put towards something better. He’s a great player to watch, but inconsistent, frustrating, individualist and temperamental- I would prefer it him playing for someone else.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here