Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Anthony Joshua vs Oleksandr Usyk 2

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
AJ was never get a decision in this political climate
very close fight though, and maybe Usyk just edged it
Both fighters have good fights ahead of them and a lot of money to be made. no real losers here as a brutal knock out didn't happen.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
aj.jpg

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Both fighters have good fights ahead of them and a lot of money to be made. no real losers here as a brutal knock out didn't happen.

This was not Eurovision, you know..........

Popeye

I Don't Exercise
Nov 12, 2021
North Carolina USA

I'm sorry but that's something I can't agree with. Usyk won this as he was the steadier fighter throughout the bout. Nothing to do with the 'political climate' as you put it. Not saying he destroyed Joshua by any means but he was the clear winner imo.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patreon
Oct 17, 2008
AJ did well, just not quite good enough. Very different to the first fight, showed good spirit and a lot more fire. He’s just not quite at the level we wanted him to be. Shame but he recovered some kudos with last night’s performance.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

I was more shocked that it was a split decision. Only looked like one winner to me and 2 of the judges at least scored the same.

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
I think Joshua is too nice, he's extemely likeable as a person but a boxer should be have anger and fury in his make up, Joshua doesn't have that ruthless streak

He's got a boxer's body and skill but not the mentality

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
It was like us playing Man City 99% of the time, we have a good go pull of some nice stuff yet ultimately the quality isn’t there to do any real damage.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2018
Let himself down after storming out and then taking the Mic and making it all about him.

Total lack of self control and shouldn’t have happened.

could have been concussed, but then you need to look at the team around him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I think Joshua is too nice, he's extemely likeable as a person but a boxer should be have anger and fury in his make up, Joshua doesn't have that ruthless streak

He's got a boxer's body and skill but not the mentality

I don't know whether it's too nice or too much thinking / tactics. He hurt Usyk a couple of times, but each time he seems to back off to assess the damage, you can see him thinking about it, defend a bit, see if the other fighter has slowed. He gave Usyk a chance to either make the bell or recover his composure a bit.

Usyk of course boxed clever, he wasn't going to look for the huge blow, he scored and he scored often throughout the fight, constantly kept himself on the judges cards, kept Joshua worried that make a mistake and he'd get hit. If Joshua's tactic was to look to stop Usyk, I couldn't really understand why he didn't go all out with the risk that entails when he had him in trouble - he boxed like he was ahead on points and didn't need the stoppage.

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
Fury v Usyk would be huge

I think Fury talks about retiring because he knows Usyk would beat him. Fury's greatest asset is his heart and sheer will to win but Usyk will match him and then some

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
That’s probably the best Joshua can do . Usyk super slick though . Does things without even thinking . Natural movement . Thought Joshua did well to keep going as usyk was making him work constantly .

Let’s face it though . Joshua won 1 possibly 2 rounds . Usyk was doing what he wanted . I think he tasted the power in the last fight and wasn’t scared of it what do ever . It didn’t make a dent .

Masterclass performance .

Still money fights for Joshua domestically but not sure the real point for him .

Fury is too awkward for usyk as good as usyk is .

As for the interview and things after . Take your medicine and slope away mate . It’s not always about you

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
He behaved like a stroppy teenager. Every boxer has to swallow defeat. He handled it like a spoilt child. And then cried in the press conference debrief. Not a good look. He has some growing up to do.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Fury v Usyk would be huge

I think Fury talks about retiring because he knows Usyk would beat him. Fury's greatest asset is his heart and sheer will to win but Usyk will match him and then some

I think Fury is underrated, perhaps down to his behaviour and his physical shape, but he is a super talented boxer, great movement for a big man. Think he’d have the technique and strength to defeat Usyk and likely stop him. Would definitely be a big fight to look forward to.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here