[Albion] Anthony Gordon

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
This thread makes me laugh. Earlier in the week, people on this board talking about how we need 7 players who are up for it. Put it in for the cause and up for a scrap if things turn nasty.

Everton have a nasty player and people throw their toys out of the pram.

You’re overlooking a lot. For example, we have Maupay, a nice looking and smart French lad who is adept at shithouse tactics but will then eloquently interview in a second language. They have some pasty scrawny rat boy who will seriously test Peter Crouch’s theory on Premier League players. Huge difference.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
You’re overlooking a lot. For example, we have Maupay, a nice looking and smart French lad who is adept at shithouse tactics but will then eloquently interview in a second language. They have some pasty scrawny rat boy who will seriously test Peter Crouch’s theory on Premier League players. Huge difference.

Tell me you are glad Solly doesn’t have that same bit of bite.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

I like Solly just the way he is. And I say that as a former critic.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
This thread makes me laugh. Earlier in the week, people on this board talking about how we need 7 players who are up for it. Put it in for the cause and up for a scrap if things turn nasty.

I think there is a big difference between up for it and being a nasty player.

He was a cheating little shite.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
I like Solly just the way he is. And I say that as a former critic.

Fair enough if that’s your opinion. I’m not sure I agree, Solly looked a much better player at Wing back last season when he was forced to put himself around a bit.

I’m glad we have Maupay but I wouldn’t mind one or two more nasty ******** on the pitch.

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.
Scumbag

Nasty tackle early on that VAR has given a red to less. Then looking for penalties. Fair play, Mweps was mugged off for the first one but the second one was weak.

I can see him becoming a WUM quickly. Delighted his 2 goals meant little in the end regardless of the 2nd one being 'not shit'.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Fair enough if that’s your opinion. I’m not sure I agree, Solly looked a much better player at Wing back last season when he was forced to put himself around a bit.

I’m glad we have Maupay but I wouldn’t mind one or two more nasty ******** on the pitch.

I don’t mind a bit of shithousery but I prefer mischievousness over nastiness and cheating; there’s a difference. I also feel the way we play doesn’t call for any and I wouldn’t want it anyway. I’m fine with things the way they currently are.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Absolutely brilliant player, outstanding individual performance today, up there with Gallagher as the best against us this season, and he was the only Everton player of note. Reminded me of a young Steven Gerrard.

After years of shite, England are really bringing through some quality young midfielders these days: Gordon, Gallagher, Mount, Grealish, Rice, Foden, Bellingham, Maddison etc.

And I don’t get the diving complaints? It was a clear penalty and he didn’t do anything today that our players don’t do every game. He was just a total thorn in our side today.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Should've had a yellow for the foul in the first half as well as the pathetic dive in the box. Looked good running at players but dead balls and crossing were hopeless.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
Absolutely brilliant player, outstanding individual performance today, up there with Gallagher as the best against us this season, and he was the only Everton player of note. Reminded me of a young Steven Gerrard.

After years of shite, England are really bringing through some quality young midfielders these days: Gordon, Gallagher, Mount, Grealish, Rice, Foden, Bellingham, Maddison etc.

And I don’t get the diving complaints? It was a clear penalty and he didn’t do anything today that our players don’t do every game. He was just a total thorn in our side today.

It was a clear penalty but the dive later on when challenging Cucu was just ridiculous and should have been carded.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Quite.

I had no problem with him. He had a good game.

And, er, we won :shrug:

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Promising player, thought he had a good game. Other than his haircut I have no problems with him.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

This Solly ? Just after we scored at Chelsea ?

E16892F4-A9FB-4700-8E84-3C0533CC51DB.jpeg

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Well hard. I loved it as much as the next Brighton fan but that doesn’t make up for his lack of physicality.

Now, I'm making a guess here, but I think you may not have spent a lot of time around professional athletes in their physical primes and tried taking them on in any type pf physical competition ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports