Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Anthony Gordon

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Great prospect Gordon. One of the few bright spots for Everton

He really looks like the mother of all scousers

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
Absolutely brilliant player, outstanding individual performance today, up there with Gallagher as the best against us this season, and he was the only Everton player of note. Reminded me of a young Steven Gerrard.

After years of shite, England are really bringing through some quality young midfielders these days: Gordon, Gallagher, Mount, Grealish, Rice, Foden, Bellingham, Maddison etc.

And I don’t get the diving complaints? It was a clear penalty and he didn’t do anything today that our players don’t do every game. He was just a total thorn in our side today.

Did you enjoy him completely falling over when going for a header with Cucu? The penalty he won but that was just outright cheating. Maddison clone. Played well though and looks good.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Lallana knew he was at fault as well and acknowledged it, needlessly dangled a foot, Sanchez had it well covered.
MacAllister at fault for me, he doesn't close down, gives Anthony far too much room for the shot. He played smashing today but Potter should make this a learning point for him.

The good news is both Mac and Enock can improve a good deal - they are both going to be terrific players. Enock had the chance to run in the corner in added time and made the wrong choice. Again, a learning point.

Sent from my M2103K19G using Tapatalk

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
This thread makes me laugh. Earlier in the week, people on this board talking about how we need 7 players who are up for it. Put it in for the cause and up for a scrap if things turn nasty.

Everton have a nasty player and people throw their toys out of the pram.

you are missing the vital bit - in bold .

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
The Precious on this thread will be angered by such a comment but he was arguably man of the match today. Proved a right handful, a persistent thorn in our side all game. Oh and scored 2 goals as well.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
The last time Everton came to the Amex in the pre-covid days (so 2019?) they were all like that: lots of falling over and lots of clutching body parts in agony in order to con the ref. Seems an Everton thing to do. Maybe they learn it in training?

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Thought he was decent, got lucky with the first goal IMO, dead ball delivery was dire, straight out of play twice.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
MacAllister at fault for me, he doesn't close down, gives Anthony far too much room for the shot. He played smashing today but Potter should make this a learning point for him.

The good news is both Mac and Enock can improve a good deal - they are both going to be terrific players. Enock had the chance to run in the corner in added time and made the wrong choice. Again, a learning point.

Sent from my M2103K19G using Tapatalk

Never dangle a foot, basically handed them a way in. In terms of closing down, possibly, but we’d have lost our defensive shape, and it was a harmless shot until Lallana intervened.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here