Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Ansu Fati **Signed On Loan 01/09**

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Jesus Christ it will be a relief seeing him back in this depleted squad.

I know he's not met all expectations here (that's partly why he chose us, to get through these issues) - but we have seen glimmers of absolute world class from him. Really hope he comes back and lasts the season. He's the kinda player that can really push us to the next level.
It was only the unrealistic expectations he didn’t meet imo……..was really starting to have an impact when he got injured.

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
Jesus Christ it will be a relief seeing him back in this depleted squad.

I know he's not met all expectations here (that's partly why he chose us, to get through these issues) - but we have seen glimmers of absolute world class from him. Really hope he comes back and lasts the season. He's the kinda player that can really push us to the next level.
Can I ask what you were expecting from him that he wasnt delivering before the injury? He had started well, was getting better and better, and had started scoring goals. Were you expecting a Messi type masterclass ebverytime he was playing? we got him on loan because he had a few things to put right , both physically and probably with his approach to playing again. Had he been the finished and complete player- he would have been in Barcas first team and not looking to be loaned out.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
It was only the unrealistic expectations he didn’t meet imo……..was really starting to have an impact when he got injured.
This!

he was starting to hit his straps just before he got injured.
combined well with Pedro/Adingra/Mitoma.

I think he will be very influential in the second half of the season.

Last edited:

Jimmy Grimble

It’ll be interesting to see what RDZ does when Fati and Enciso are both fully fit.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Enciso can't play in Europe, so he will be prioritised in the League a little more, with Fati continuing to start in Europe, perhaps...?

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Enciso can't play in Europe, so he will be prioritised in the League a little more, with Fati continuing to start in Europe, perhaps...?
I’m pretty sure Enciso will put into the Europa squad.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
I’m pretty sure Enciso will put into the Europa squad.

According to this, not. Solly is tho. Plus a few yoof squad so I assume the numbers allowed don't include U21s as several haven't even made the bench yet.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
According to this, not. Solly is tho. Plus a few yoof squad so I assume the numbers allowed don't include U21s as several haven't even made the bench yet.

That was the squad list for the group stage. Will be re-submitted for the knockout phase.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here