[Albion] Ansu Fati **Signed On Loan 01/09**

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I know it’s all a load of bolleux but this translation from the source did make me laugh…..

“The English team, which started the Premier League strongly, has already contacted the footballer's entourage and has pulled the necessary strings to begin to seduce Ansu Fati, who keeps on the table the proposals already advanced by Chelsea's MD , Tottenham and Borussia Dortmund. Roberto de Zerbi, Brighton coach, is in love with Ansu Fati and when he saw that the Spanish striker was on the market he did not hesitate to ask for his incorporation. At the very least, try. Ansu, for his part, is considering the English offer and puts it at the same level as those mentioned above.”
Ha! What did I know …!
It’s reported fwiw that Albion are paying as it turns out 75% of his wages.

hampshirebrightonboy

Sep 3, 2011

However, Brighton come in with something that neither Spurs nor Chelsea can offer this season - European football.

Thompson720

Jan 5, 2019
Patcham
What a night...

i100hj44mh451.jpg

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
So showing my ignorance but how good is he? Forgetting the Barcelona tax how does he compare to say Joao Pedro?
The reality is we don't know. If he gets up to pace quickly he could be the best player who's ever played for us. If he struggles I suspect he'll still show regular moments of genuine quality. I'm more excited by the statement of this signing than what the kid actually brings to table. It's incredible PR and raises the profile of the club to unimaginable levels.
I've said it in jest but remember he is joining as cover for Enciso. And Enciso has moments of genuine world class quality.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
So showing my ignorance but how good is he? Forgetting the Barcelona tax how does he compare to say Joao Pedro?
He is a lot better than Joao.

Per 90 last season, he performed better than Pedro in almost every metric. Ansu was playing for Barcelona in La Liga and the UCL. Pedro was at Watford in the championship.

I really like what I’ve seen from Joao so far, but we’re talking different stratosphere here.

ElectricNaz

Jan 23, 2013
Hampshire
If this is true, its means Encisos injury is probably a lot worse than we thought? Just putting a negative spin on something potentially exciting.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Sorry to burst your bubble. Some 19 year old kid from Barca doesn't know de zerbi. That's not to say we won't sign him as Barca clearly do know us and de zerbi.
see my post above in response to this - he’s not ’just a young kid’, he’s a world class professional European footballer with a string of agents/coaches advising him who know exactly who RDZ is - so of course he will have heard of RDZ as the manager of any club will be part of the decision making process he makes in deciding which PL team he wants to go to - As I said, RDZ a is known throughout Europe - as a Serie A and Champions League team manager - and one that is on the cutting edge of the modern game.

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
Song: (oh, come on)

You're the one for us, Fati
You're the one we really, really love
And you will stay
Promise you'll stay if we always let you play
You're the one for us, Fati
You're the one we really, really love
And you will stay
Promise you'll stay if we always let you play
A-hey

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Jesus whatever happens from here can't you just enjoy the fact that we're at least on the cusp of signing one of the most well known and highly rated young players in the world on loan from BARCELONA??
Remember well when we signed our last world class striking superstar on loan, from the other powerhouse of European football.

Barn door Billy Paynter from Leeds!

ElectricNaz

Jan 23, 2013
Hampshire
I can see Bloom coughing up £4-5m to develop the player for a year but given we’re paying 75% of the wages - not £10m+
That's our Europa League money spent. And no obligation to keep spending if we don't qualify again. Seems fair business wise. Still not sure it will happen though

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports