Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

another withdean whinge

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
BHA Mark, the skipper and star player of NSC ALBIONFC and REMF FC related a story last night whereby he went to buy a coca cola from the seller and was asked for £1.50. He said to the vendor that it was £1 last year, but the vendor said that the club had imposed pricing on them as part of the agreement to sell at Withdean.

If this is right, is this the most expensive bottle of coke you have ever had at a football ground?

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Bloody new caterers, couldn't get my usual pre-match sausage roll yesterday, whats all that about!

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
paid £1.60 at reading for water .. takin the piss

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
They also charge 50p extra for a piddly bit of sliced cheese in your burger... It's f***ing outrageous!

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
The only way to stop it is to arrange a mass boycott, and tell the club that the prices are unacceptable. Then they'll have to reduce the costs or lose the business.

Trouble is there are loads of fans who just pay whatever and don't worry about the cost.

So, Boycott anyone? Can it be organised?

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
A boycott is a bit strong Superphil, I was just gonna ask nicely if they could do sausage rolls :jester:

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Even though the prices are far too high I did think the food was better than the muck served up by Kings Cuisine !!

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
its worse at the premiershit

£2 at fulham for a coke :angry:

dovorian

Feb 27, 2004
Burgess hill
No Chips

Youcouldnt even get Chips form my outlet inthe North Stand, and surprised to hear about Sausage Rolls.

I knoew they have had them on the boards at the Norht en dofr most of our Withdean duration, On the occasions I have asked for one they say they dont do them.

Seems as though those who sit in the Soutn Stand have a better choice!

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
do you think I could suggest a slad bar, I'm getting a bit rolly round the middle on all the suasage rolls and pies!

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Superphil said:
I'm getting a bit rolly round the middle on all the suasage rolls

..but there weren't any sausage rolls :angry:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I had a pasty and a bottle of water last night an it was £3.80 which is f***ing outrageous. My own fault though because I was late getting into Brighton from Guildford, the Sportsman had stopped serving food and I couldn't get a beer,

I'll be better prepared for Saturday-sadly, the club implementing rip-off pricing won't be getting my business anymore. Their loss I'm afraid.

And the bastard pasty gave me severe farts:angry: :mad: :blush:

Bobby's Gull

DAFT Bint
Jul 6, 2003
Bed
At least there didn't seem to be that many queue's at half time, I was only standing there for 2 minutes compared to normally standing there until about 5 minutes into the second half! Still a rip off though.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
My pre-match meal actually got cheaper, admittedly because I couldn't get a double-cheeseburger!!

Anyway, I must say that the food is at least better quality than some of the crap served up at other grounds, as anyone who has eaten at Loftus Road or the Madejski Stadium will surely tell you.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Coke and water were definitely £1.50 last season too.

And I don't think it's outrageous - a bit steep perhaps, but pretty much in line with what I would expect to pay at a major sporting venue.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here