Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Another UKIP loon - mainstream party voters should be hung for treason

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Eh?
There are ten labour candidates on your local ballot? Im sure its not what you mean, but im struggling to understand what youre saying.

Yes they are and they are lumped together as LABOUR.

So I have candidates 1, 2, 3 - 10 but all against a single box called Labour. If I choose to use my vote for Labour then I cross that box. When the votes are counted, if Labour have 50% of the vote, then they get the candidates 1-5 elected as MEPs ( although the maths isn't exactly that simple ). So I might like candidate 1 of Labour, candidate 7 of Conservative and candidate 2 of UKIP but I have to decide which PARTY to vote for not which candidate.

Unlike in local elections where I get three votes so I can vote for CANDIDATES so I could use my three votes for three candidates of different parties as it is a candidate I'm voting for not a party.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
I see, so the other parties are arranged in the same manner...not sure where a problem lies...but cool...thanks for explaining.
Pretty sure taking a candidate from 3 different parties would be highly unusual.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Saw Farage being interviewed on C10 the other day he was asked :

"If you ever have access to power on an influential level and hold a referendum on our EU Membership and decide we'd rather stay in the EU, what would you do then"?

Farage looked a bit blank, sweated a bit and then replied:

"Oh, we'd all head to the pub and have a think eh!"

He hasn't got a scoobie beyond getting some gullible folks worked up about the EU.

Left, right, black or white voting for UKIP is pointless. I know the Kippers like to label everyone who doesn't like UKIP as loony lefts. I'm not particularly left wing but anyone can see this lot are useless.

everyone can see they are useless........................but useful to make the protest vote and make the others scared ****less

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
Ironically it'll be the chubby, white unemployed, council house dwellers with 6 kids who've never worked a day or contributed anything to our society who will be yomping off down to the village hall to cast their UKIP votes and stop for a KFC on the way back.

That is a vicious, lazy bit of stereotyped racism worthy of a UKIP supporter.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
...in a capitalist society, population growth is pretty much required in order for there to be economic growth.

Not necessarily true, I'm afraid. In fact most studies have found that as a country develops in terms of GDP and technology that fertility rates fall but also mortality rates fall too. We have fewer children but live/work longer.

ChicagoGull

May 17, 2014
http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-London/2014/05/14/VIDEO-UKIP-rally-footage-and-protests

On one side of the road you have UKIP supporters minding their own business, peacefully exercising their democratic rights - on the other, you have "anti"-facists employing intimidation tactics. Why is it the supposedly intolerant UKIP appear far more tolerant than their opponents?

TV and newspapers, by irresponsibly whipping up anti-UKIP sentiment and creating a culture of fear, are putting lives at risk. This is becoming a political Helm's Deep, UKIP against the media and entire LIB-LAB-CON establishment.

Oh and https://fullfact.org/factchecks/romanian_criminals_UK_Britain-28799

"Romania does seem to find a particularly large proportion of their citizens in the UK arrested by the Met police."

"when taken together with the prison population figures, it does seem reasonable to conclude that Romania has an unusually high number of its citizens involved in crime given the size of the Romanian population in the UK."

This is what Farage was actually getting at when comparing German and Romanian neighbours btw.

I am not for one second agreeing with everything that his party says or does, but I also accept that with the parties views on tighter immigration, and a serious chance of success in this election, the nutters on the right side of the spectrum will come to UKIP and throw their support behind it.

I believe that wanting severe restrictions against immigration is a valid political position. If you think that that's racist or xenophobic then you're free to think that. However don't mind others not thinking that as they're going by the actual definition of those words.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
It's the first one I've started Doug. Perhaps if their members weren't such total fruit cakes....

We haven't even started on the "press officer" caught giving photographers the bird and telling them to f*** off.

UKIP are an embarrassment. I doubt I'll ever get tired of laughing at them.
Maybe you should wait till AFTER the Euro Elections before you rub your hands with glee...you cannot name any party that does not have it's share of loons,cheats...it is known that the three main parties have agreed to run an Anti UKIP campaign...could it be that they are worried about losing votes....UKIP will do well in this election but will fall back on the General Election IMHO...we will see.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Maybe you should wait till AFTER the Euro Elections before you rub your hands with glee...you cannot name any party that does not have it's share of loons,cheats...it is known that the three main parties have agreed to run an Anti UKIP campaign...could it be that they are worried about losing votes....UKIP will do well in this election but will fall back on the General Election IMHO...we will see.

I would like to read more about this 3 party 'agreement' to run an anti UKIP campaign

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Indeed, and so immigration is required in a capitalist society to sustain population growth.

Err...no. Once again, not necessarily. If mortality rates drop at a lower rate than fertility rates then you can still have increased economic growth.

And you can't simply link immigration to economic growth because there are different types of immigration and these have different impacts on the economy. If you take a points based system as the Aussies use then undoubtedly, immigration will result in economic growth because the immigrants are highly-skilled and will undoubtedly be working. The type of immigration that we have in the UK is completely different with a greater mix of the skilled and contributing and the unskilled or not working and causing a negative effect on the economy (in the driest sense and without implying anything other than there is a net cost to the UK taxpayer). And UKIP are making a big thing of the previously denied but undoubted effect that unfettered immigration can have on indigenous communities and they claim that the relatively unrestricted immigration is counter-productive for economic growth. They're arguing for a points system too, I believe.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
My mother in law is voting for UKIP. She is also a cretin. Who thinks that "diabetes" is pronounced " Diabeetus" and that mohammedans are known as "Muslins"

She will regularly start sentences with "I'm not racist" and go on to show that she is with whatever lazy stereotype she has adopted about black men, Asians or chinamen.

For these reasons, and many others. If she's in...I'm out.

But beware...she is not alone.

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013

I remember Blair and Labour used to place people in the Tory election audience and when the Tory leader was talking you could see people behind acting like idiots and it was to make the party look racist. Now all three main parties are trying to smear UKIP as they don't want them to gain at their expense. I even bet that all these people who are saying these so called lies are in fact the three main parties activists that have been planted within UKIP to try and bring the party down before Thursday.
-

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Nobody has to smear UKIP.

as for...
'I even bet that all these people who are saying these so called lies are in fact the three main parties activists that have been planted within UKIP to try and bring the party down before Thursday'

Makes you look as mad as a bucket of frogs.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Now all three main parties are trying to smear UKIP as they don't want them to gain at their expense. I even bet that all these people who are saying these so called lies are in fact the three main parties activists that have been planted within UKIP to try and bring the party down before Thursday.
-

Hahahaha. :clap2:

FFS.

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
Hahahaha. :clap2:

FFS.

They were sleeper cells like the IRA on main land Europe and England. They were planted months ago but were activated in the last week. Strange that all of a sudden that so many UKIP councilors are coming out with all this crap and lies now just before the European elections. We won't be fooled thats for sure.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
They were sleeper cells like the IRA on main land Europe and England. They were planted months ago but were activated in the last week. Strange that all of a sudden that so many UKIP councilors are coming out with all this crap and lies now just before the European elections. We won't be fooled thats for sure.

hahahahahaha

All of a sudden?

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Whether you vote UKIP or not, the mainstream parties in this country have long taken the status quo for granted..................the real lulus are the electorate for constantly demanding more of the same.

I agree but that's no reason to vote UKIP. Farage is an ex-investment banker for God's sake, what makes you think he's got our best interest at heart any more so than the career politicians?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I remember Blair and Labour used to place people in the Tory election audience and when the Tory leader was talking you could see people behind acting like idiots and it was to make the party look racist. Now all three main parties are trying to smear UKIP as they don't want them to gain at their expense. I even bet that all these people who are saying these so called lies are in fact the three main parties activists that have been planted within UKIP to try and bring the party down before Thursday.
-

You should join up. They'll be looking for a new press secretary soon enough.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here