Another UKIP loon - mainstream party voters should be hung for treason

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

D

Deleted member 22389

A member of my family is a UKIP supporter. He also still refers, quite nonchalantly to people as Paki's, wogs, coloureds and still expresses surprise whenever he meets a black person that he hasn't been murdered eg "I had bought a property that had these huge coloured guys running a garage on the land, I went down and saw them. Ever so nice. I don't think like that you know, They are just the same as anyone else when you talk to them".

He is 76, this just about sums up the typical UKIP supporter it's just a real shame when you see the same bollocks coming from 30 yr olds.

Before UKIP who did he vote for? He must have voted for someone.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
Not true - in the EU elections you vote for a party not a person. They produce an ordered list of who will be the first MEP if they get enough votes and the more votes they get the further down the list they can go.

You can argue that the 'Prportional Representation" system used to elect MEPs means that votes are cast for a party but such an argument is not really valid. Votes are cast for candidates in exactly the same way as any other election - the only difference is that the more candidates there are elected who belong to a particular party the harder it becomes for other members of that party to be elected.

You do not have to belong to a political party to stand in a European election and voters cast their votes for candidates, not parties.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
You can argue that the 'Prportional Representation" system used to elect MEPs means that votes are cast for a party but such an argument is not really valid. Votes are cast for candidates in exactly the same way as any other election - the only difference is that the more candidates there are elected who belong to a particular party the harder it becomes for other members of that party to be elected.

You do not have to belong to a political party to stand in a European election and voters cast their votes for candidates, not parties.

I can only put one cross on the ballot paper and that is against a party name. So in Labour's case they have 10 candidates standing in my area but I can't choose which one's I can vote for - it's Labour as a whole or not at all.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Before UKIP who did he vote for? He must have voted for someone.

I'm not sure actually. I think he ran local for independents at one point. He's clueless. He has a Polish mate who owns a building/gardening firm. This is a genuine thing he said to me about a week ago:

"Got all my UKIP pack through the other day, they're the only people to vote for, we're running out of houses, jobs and the floodgates are open, there'll be no such thing as a pension for you when the time comes, they'll have used it all on their babies. Anyway, Now listen, will you be able to pop over tomorrow and let Polish Terry and his lads in, they are taking that fence down, I'll leave you the money to give to them."

Shambles.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
I can only put one cross on the ballot paper and that is against a party name. So in Labour's case they have 10 candidates standing in my area but I can't choose which one's I can vote for - it's Labour as a whole or not at all.

Eh?
There are ten labour candidates on your local ballot? Im sure its not what you mean, but im struggling to understand what youre saying.

Last edited:

cunning fergus

NSC Patron
Jan 18, 2009
Firstly, that's not ironic, but you are missing the point. What people WANT is to have the chance to better themselves, what we're force fed by the mainstream and right wing media is that immigration is to blame for, well, everything. Therefore people draw the conclusion that, as per the poll you linked, immigration has been a bad thing. That's very different from 'wanting' the borders shut down.

It’s ironic to me that you want to blame UKIP for a policy which would “shut down the borders and there will be plenty of jobs to go around” yet that is not UKIP policy; it is what 68% of the people want who were polled on the issue of immigration by YOUGOV.

This may be difficult for you to accept but on the issue of immigration UKIP’s policy could be left of what the mainstream British public want. You may also want to believe that this attitude is because they have been force fed a right wing agenda, despite the very opposite being true.

The British public have been long told of the economic benefits of immigrants, that the NHS would collapse without immigrants, that we are culturally richer ad infintum.

In light of the prevailing attitudes UKIP's political leaders should be congratulated for their liberal restraint………….they are not as populist as they could be.

D

Deleted member 22389

I'm not sure actually. I think he ran local for independents at one point. He's clueless. He has a Polish mate who owns a building/gardening firm. This is a genuine thing he said to me about a week ago:

"Got all my UKIP pack through the other day, they're the only people to vote for, we're running out of houses, jobs and the floodgates are open, there'll be no such thing as a pension for you when the time comes, they'll have used it all on their babies. Anyway, Now listen, will you be able to pop over tomorrow and let Polish Terry and his lads in, they are taking that fence down, I'll leave you the money to give to them."

Shambles.

It might well be a shambles in your mind, but you need to understand UKIP where not the cause of this. It was the Labour party who created it, even Jack Straw admitted himself they underestimated the numbers coming here, and yes maybe UKIP have played on some peoples fears like your family member, but it doesn't mean the whole of the UKIP message is wrong and everybody that wants to vote for them is a bigot. That's really not fair.

I would like to see a lot more control of our borders both within the EU and outside the EU and decide who we let in. Allow people in where there is the need, because to me I work on the idea that the more people you allow in, the more you have to back this up by having the housing, the jobs and most importantly making sure your services can cope, but there never seems to be any plan or proper discussion on it. We even have the Tories and Labour saying the same things about control, unfortunately UKIPs message is now being lost on in the crap.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
For what it's worth this country needs a points system. You don't have skills we need? You are not coming in. However, most of the immigrants coming in legally would walk the points criteria. Believe it or not, very few come here for our benefits.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Romanian, and Bulgarian figures actually dropped this week....apparently 29 million of them are not hot-footing it to the UK for low paid work and/or benefits.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Well, good luck stopping illegals coming in.

:thumbsup:

Illegals have, by their very definition, been dealt with by legislation but chosen to come here anyway. It's no different to stopping people smuggling in diamonds or Class As. Or for that matter a few hundred extra cigarettes. Bet none of you have ever done that eh???

D

Deleted member 22389

For what it's worth this country needs a points system. You don't have skills we need? You are not coming in. However, most of the immigrants coming in legally would walk the points criteria. Believe it or not, very few come here for our benefits.

Did I mention anything about benefits? Saying that I'm sure you would agree that at least some contribution should be made before people can take anything out of the system. Schools, Health care are not cheap.

D

Deleted member 22389

Romanian, and Bulgarian figures actually dropped this week....apparently 29 million of them are not hot-footing it to the UK for low paid work and/or benefits.

I believe those figures are down Dave, you are correct here, but overall the numbers coming in are still up.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Did I mention anything about benefits? Saying that I'm sure you would agree that at least some contribution should be made before people can take anything out of the system. Schools, Health care are not cheap.

Ironically it'll be the chubby, white unemployed, council house dwellers with 6 kids who've never worked a day or contributed anything to our society who will be yomping off down to the village hall to cast their UKIP votes and stop for a KFC on the way back.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
It’s ironic to me that you want to blame UKIP for a policy which would “shut down the borders and there will be plenty of jobs to go around” yet that is not UKIP policy; it is what 68% of the people want who were polled on the issue of immigration by YOUGOV.

This may be difficult for you to accept but on the issue of immigration UKIP’s policy could be left of what the mainstream British public want. You may also want to believe that this attitude is because they have been force fed a right wing agenda, despite the very opposite being true.

The British public have been long told of the economic benefits of immigrants, that the NHS would collapse without immigrants, that we are culturally richer ad infintum.

In light of the prevailing attitudes UKIP's political leaders should be congratulated for their liberal restraint………….they are not as populist as they could be.

I am completely unclear of the point you're trying to make - But your second sentence is factually incorrect, I don't see 68% anywhere, but 67% of those polled THOUGHT that immigration had been a bad thing over the last 10 years.

I do like the point in the poll about net migration though, and I have a great idea for how to achieve the zero - Kick out UKIP and all their unpleasant supporters, let them live on a island somewhere populated only by white british men - They can have their own trains where you can only speak English, their own schools where there's no brown people or gayers and then can even make sure that there's no dirty romanians next door living in squalor trying to better themselves.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports