Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Another UKIP loon - mainstream party voters should be hung for treason

MarioOrlandi

Jun 4, 2013
That UKIP lady is clearly a hypocrite. If she was truly BRITISH, she would have given the two finger salute - which originates from the Battle of Agincourt, where the English cut the fingers off of French archers. Instead, she chooses to use the Americanised version. It is clear where her allegiances lie.[/QUOTE

If you are going to quote history check it out first, why? Because there is always someone like me who are going to put you right on certain aspects.
So, lets start the history lesson. The use of the longbow was a highly skilled implement of war, first used by the Welsh and subsequently adopted by the English. It took 10yrs of constant practice by firing 300 arrows per day until the archer need only look in the direction of his target to hit it. Due to the length of time involved to train them the European armies of the day preferred to use the heavy crossbow because it was easier to train soldiers in its use. Although the crossbow had a slightly longer range over the longbow it's firing rate was in the region of 1:6 in favour of the longbow. This made the English/Welsh bowmen a much sought after addition to an army.
The cutting off of the fingers was a practice carried out by the "French" on captured English/Welsh Longbowmen, and was the prelude to the start of a ritual killing which usually involved a gelding knife.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I'm not sure where the Telegraph got those figures from then as when I went on the EU site this week the UK were sixth worse for turning up. I also found MEPs with less than 40% attendance who weren't UKIP ( one being a Tory ).

No idea, I've seen a few different figure sets, all pointing out that UKIP are the worst attendees. Sounds to me like most of the UK MEP's are on a gravy train regardless of their party!

MarioOrlandi

Jun 4, 2013
No idea, I've seen a few different figure sets, all pointing out that UKIP are the worst attendees. Sounds to me like most of the UK MEP's are on a gravy train regardless of their party!

This, the Liberals en mass and certainly most of the Labour Party would lose their cosy pensions if we ever left the EEC

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
It is possible to hold two beliefs at the same time I do kind of agree that I wouldn't want a house full of Romanian blokes moving in next door to me. They just don't play by the rules do they?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
How on earth do you get that I don't like democracy from that? Yes, of course I will be condescending to the nitwits that vote UKIP and the UKIP MEP's, they are idiots. Doesn't mean I disagree with their right to be there if they are voted in.

what else do you mean by "Getting voted in doesn't make you a worthy party". we can disagree with another party and politicians point of view all day long, if we start saying they aren't "worthy" of being voted for, that their view don't deserve representation, then we've gone too far and become anti-democracy.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Westdene ..Why are you an ex member, out of curiosity.

Because it started as a well run party ( when I joined ) but gradually became a farce ( mainly thanks to your mate Sked ). Up until about 2007 they couldn't organise a kids party let alone a political one. Things have changed and they are now roughly where the SDP were back in 86/87. Much more organised, better funded and more professional ( not that I expect you to be able to see that ).

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Because it started as a well run party ( when I joined ) but gradually became a farce ( mainly thanks to your mate Sked ). Up until about 2007 they couldn't organise a kids party let alone a political one. Things have changed and they are now roughly where the SDP were back in 86/87. Much more organised, better funded and more professional ( not that I expect you to be able to see that ).

So, you are re-joining the party then

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
what else do you mean by "Getting voted in doesn't make you a worthy party". we can disagree with another party and politicians point of view all day long, if we start saying they aren't "worthy" of being voted for, that their view don't deserve representation, then we've gone too far and become anti-democracy.

UKIP, together with Labour, Conservative, Liberal Democrats and any other political party you want to name do not receive a single vote in any UK election, local, national or European.

Votes are cast for people - because a number of those people belong to a particular political party doe not bestow 'worthiness' or any other attribute on them.

I would guess that more elected MEPs belong to the RAC than belong to UKIP.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
UKIP, together with Labour, Conservative, Liberal Democrats and any other political party you want to name do not receive a single vote in any UK election, local, national or European.

Votes are cast for people - because a number of those people belong to a particular political party doe not bestow 'worthiness' or any other attribute on them.

I would guess that more elected MEPs belong to the RAC than belong to UKIP.

Not true - in the EU elections you vote for a party not a person. They produce an ordered list of who will be the first MEP if they get enough votes and the more votes they get the further down the list they can go.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I cannot wait for the Conservatives to leave No 10 next year, taking that whimpering cell bitch Clegg with him, when this happens, and it will, UKIP will also disappear back from whence they came. Then all left to do is for Labour to get a leader with a spine who is willing to return Labour to it's core values and get back into power ensuring we have at least four years of a forward thinking, progressive party in power. It all seem so easy no?

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
A member of my family is a UKIP supporter. He also still refers, quite nonchalantly to people as Paki's, wogs, coloureds and still expresses surprise whenever he meets a black person that he hasn't been murdered eg "I had bought a property that had these huge coloured guys running a garage on the land, I went down and saw them. Ever so nice. I don't think like that you know, They are just the same as anyone else when you talk to them".

He is 76, this just about sums up the typical UKIP supporter it's just a real shame when you see the same bollocks coming from 30 yr olds.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here