Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Another UKIP loon - mainstream party voters should be hung for treason

Czechmate

Oct 5, 2011
Brno Czech Republic
Not sure how a 'smear' comes out of reality...isnt a smear somthing that is made up?...and where are these 'no-go zones' you mentioned in Prague?

It is reality , that's the problem no one is allowed to say what they think anymore . Freedom of speech ?? we've lost that ! I didn't mention Prague specifically , I was surprised how many Romanian looking people were about when i was there for a week and I guess the British system will give a lot more freebies that the Czech system . In Brno there are no-go area's , believe me I walked through it by mistake during the day , that was bad enough . Been approached by numerous Romanian looking prostitutes , and definitely below the age of 16 . I know people who have been mugged in Brno by Romanians , or so they say but I would not disagree with them as they have lived there far longer than I have .
I am back in the UK now for a while so looking forward to my vote Thursday , even if it is a protest vote .

Czechmate

Oct 5, 2011
Brno Czech Republic
I never realised that Thatcher had been in power in the Czech Republic. Nothing would have surprised me about that loathesome old toilet witch though.

Moved back now for a while and to vote on Thursday :) , I agree what you say about her though but she stood up for what she believed in , not my favourite.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
St Georges day isn't frowned upon by anyone, it's just not considered important. It seems that some can't grasp that nationality is something that many of us just roll with, it's kind of fun when it comes to sport and a bit of gentle banter with your work colleagues, but not something to get too excited about, it's just an accident of birth. Which is also why some of us don't see 'Britain for the British and are happy to share some of the relative comfort of the country we just happen to have born with.

I agree with your points on St Georges Day. the sharing issue, however, is my bug bear. Shoreham is not sharing at all much in terms of migrants. Other places are. really, really, sharing, based on others view that they should. Shoreham is sharing unidentified amounts of tax money, not its community, resources, or anything practical.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
I agree with your points on St Georges Day. the sharing issue, however, is my bug bear. Shoreham is not sharing at all much in terms of migrants. Other places are. really, really, sharing, based on others view that they should. Shoreham is sharing unidentified amounts of tax money, not its community, resources, or anything practical.

I can't argue with that. Indeed, we (I) don've live in a particularly multi cultural part of the country.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
10297839_770695962964916_8650845859970209268_n.jpg

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Moved back now for a while and to vote on Thursday :) , I agree what you say about her though but she stood up for what she believed in , not my favourite.

Welcome back. Enjoy your voting in the good ol' U of K :)

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
22 pages of people trying to smear and convince the voter not to vote UKIP , you must be worried !!!!!!

It's not, though. For every post that is opposed to UKIP there is one supporting it. So just off that, it goes down to 11 pages. Then you have to factor in the number of times two three or four people respond to the same post (both for and against UKIP). Then factor in posts like this one and my response to chicgogull about how dangerous it is to draw the conclusion that romanians are inherently more criminal because they are imprisoned at a higher rate, and other peoples' posts correct wrong information such as those highlighting that in a european election you vote for the party rather than the individual as well as other fact correction posts, and you're probably down to just a few pages of original posts trying to argue against UKIP.

Speaking of corrections...

It's a nice idea, but it's an unfair comparison (or poorly worded). 0.5% of the prison population v 10% of UKIP politicians. It should either be "% of romanians who are imprisoned v % of UKIP MEPs who are imprisoned" or "% of prison population that is romanian v % of prison population that is a UKIP MEP"

If the prison population is 1m and UKIP have had 10 MEPs. It would work out that 1 UKIP MEP (10% of 10) had been imprisoned v 50,000 romanians (0.5% of 1m)

On digging for some figures:

According to Wikipedia, the 2012 ONS estimation puts the Romanian born population of the UK at 101,000.
According to Channel4 fact check 588 romanians are imprison. That means 588/101,000 = 0.58% of Romanian Born UK population in prison.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/6975627.stm Mote imprisoned for benefit Fraud
http://www.libdemvoice.org/former-ukip-mep-goes-down-for-two-years-16784.html Wise for Fraud

2/22 = 9.09%

And after doing my own working, I found this:

http://ampp3d.mirror.co.uk/2014/05/20/ukip-meps-are-more-likely-to-go-to-prison-than-romanians/

I would suggest, then, that the graphic was simply worded poorly.

Screen-Shot-2014-05-20-at-16.39.26.png

0.5% of the Romanian population are imprioned v 9% of UKIP MEPs being imprisoned. Wow, UKIP MEPs are 18 times more likely to be imprisoned than Romanians.

D

Deleted member 22389

Because most newspapers saw the non-story for what it is? Hate stirring claptrap.

The papers are doing the same against UKIP. I really wish politics hadn't descended to this, but once again the real problems go back to the main political parties in this country. They are the ones responsible for driving the voters away, nobody else.

I'm probably one of many millions who will not vote for Labour in their current state. It's a sad state of affairs when for example lifelong voters like the pensioner next door said she will never vote for them again.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex

crikey,that chart is grabbing at straws.

the sample size is :ffsparr:

we can all play that game

Post war Tory PMs who have banged Edwina Currie.....14% :mad:
Post war Labour PMs that have taken us into an illegal war.....20%
Green Party MPs that have been arrested......100%

D

Deleted member 22389

crikey,that chart is grabbing at straws.

the sample size is :ffsparr:

we can all play that game

Post war Tory PMs who have banged Edwina Currie.....14% :mad:
Post war Labour PMs that have taken us into an illegal war.....20%
Green Party MPs that have been arrested......100%

The second one in your list is actually the worst of them all. People lost their lives because of this, and that has gone on to create further problems down the line.

Jan 30, 2008
Why are the Nazi folk on here like [MENTION=27749]Footsoldier[/MENTION] and [MENTION=11191]Pretty pink fairy[/MENTION] posting that we will all be sorry and to crawl back into our shells come Thursday? Even if UKIP do okay it doesn't make them a good party. It will just mean there are more **** wits like Footsoldier than I had feared surely? Anyway, good luck with Croydon :clap:
i've heard it all now , where have i said people will be sorry:dunce:
regards
DR

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Kevin O’Doherty, who is standing for a seat in Hastings, East Sussex, appears alongside a naked middle aged man poised to snort white powder off a young women's lower back. There is no suggestion the substance is a class A drug.
His left arm is covered with a series of offensive images - including a German eagle, used by Hitler during the Second World War, and two German planes diving towards a Jewish Star of David, coloured in yellow — the same colour as the badge Jews were forced to wear during the Holocaust.

Lets move away from racism, and more towards the neo nazi element..
How about the Hastings candidate.
Nice Nazi tattoos!

Not sure how a 'smear' comes out of reality...isnt a smear somthing that is made up?

Had a re-think yet dave?

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
actually nah dont bother.

you are too far gone!

But im to think somebody with a name like pastafarian isnt?...

Whats up...it was a serious answer....im sure its what you were referring to....if not...feel free to ask me a question rather than some vague crap.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here