Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Another thread pulled....

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I believe Bozza provides a platform for Albion fans to exchange opinions on a variety of issues?

I fully understand there are legal constraints about what NSC may wish to publish, but the 'I found it to be disrespectful' line is just another sign of the possible effect that Google has had on this forum. Either that or the world really is getting wetter and limper by the minute.

I was offering my opinion. I removed the thread because it was only going to go in one direction and it wasn't going to end up with a group hug.

BBS is far more busier than NSC and yet you never see it shut down or being threatened. NSC does appear to far more sensitive to such things.

NSC - There are currently 1239 users online. 302 members and 937 guests
BBS - Currently Active Users: 557 (273 members and 284 guests)

On your second point, Bozza is oversensitive when it comes to legal threats? I'm sure he doesn't want the personal hassle and would love for it to be free for all and threat free. Has BBS ever been threatened with legal action? Maybe their mods delete a lot more stuff than we do on here. Would that make them wet or wetter?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
We all know what Bozza wants.
It's the same as what we'd all want, that being:-

not sued.

I don't see how you can be morally outraged about someone else 'project'.

Nobody is stopping you from setting up Northstandopinions.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
BBS is far more busier than NSC and yet you never see it shut down or being threatened. NSC does appear to be far more sensitive to such things.

Where someone has been arrested or charged with an offence a case becomes 'sub judice'.

It may become an offence to speculate on the circumstances surrounding the case and in all cases it is generally considered inappropriate to do so - which, I guess, is why most of the news sites are not accepting comments on this case.

There is a difference between reporting facts and speculation about the rights or wrongs of how anyone connected to the case have behaved.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
It is very sad that two young girls lost their lives, and my thoughts are with their family, i can only imagine the pain they must be going through. That goes without saying, and i lay no blame at any individual, especially as the circumstances are unknown. However my previous job involved dealing with lots of undesireable people at that time of the morning, and whenever i came across any people of a similar age, the question to them was always why arent you at home, in bed, safe. That was the point i was trying to address. it was purely down to my own frustration after having experienced similar situations many times before. I apologise if anyone was offended.

I guess you'll never know the answer to that question, there could be a million reasons. All I know is that getting judgemental is a pretty callous reaction.
I remember being at a friends sleepover for his 13th birthday, we all sneaked out of the house at about 2am. Had one of us been run over I'm sure there would've been all manner smug parents going "my little Johhny would never be out at that time", I'm sure none of our parents would've been happy about it had they known.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
We all know what Bozza wants.
It's the same as what we'd all want, that being:-

not sued.

I don't see how you can be morally outraged about someone else 'project'.

Nobody is stopping you from setting up Northstandopinions.

Not morally outraged, just pointing out how the forum has changed over the years. I think the unique appeal of NSC as a forum for football (Albion) fans to discuss a variety of football and non football related topics is being watered down by too much concern about the possibility of offending others with perfectly legitimate opinions.

Bit like the bigger world really :shrug:

smeariestbat

May 5, 2012
I guess you'll never know the answer to that question, there could be a million reasons. All I know is that getting judgemental is a pretty callous reaction.
I remember being at a friends sleepover for his 13th birthday, we all sneaked out of the house at about 2am. Had one of us been run over I'm sure there would've been all manner smug parents going "my little Johhny would never be out at that time", I'm sure none of our parents would've been happy about it had they known.

Thats why i'm not laying blame. Needless to say a lot of the time the answer to my question from the youths was 'bored innit' the follow up question: do your parents know you're out this late...'no'. So they got stern words of advice, driven back home, and an ear bashing from parents, who dont appreciate being woken up by us at 4am with their kid, who as far as they knew was in bed!

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
I was offering my opinion. I removed the thread because it was only going to go in one direction and it wasn't going to end up with a group hug.

NSC - There are currently 1239 users online. 302 members and 937 guests
BBS - Currently Active Users: 557 (273 members and 284 guests)

On your second point, Bozza is oversensitive when it comes to legal threats? I'm sure he doesn't want the personal hassle and would love for it to be free for all and threat free. Has BBS ever been threatened with legal action? Maybe their mods delete a lot more stuff than we do on here. Would that make them wet or wetter?

Think you are putting words into my mouth. Where have i said Bozza being over sensitive to legal threats? The point i was making which you know fall well is that threads are being pulled when they really shouldn't be. Two girls were killed which is a tragedy i know but to pull a thread because of it is being over sensitive. There is nothing wrong with discussing it sensibly. If some tit on here wants to act a dick in that type of thread then wouldn't be better to ban them instead of pulling it?

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
what thread was pulled?

I didn't open it as it didn't interest me but the OP seems to have upset those with his point of view which he feels was taken the wrong way. Another Sunday evening without a 12 page BINFEST :rant:

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
Not if people use common sense and post what is not libellous. It is one thing to have a view and another to libel somebody.

Ha ha for moment I thought you said common sense on NSC

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Bozza has an impossible job. How and why he does it is beyond me but it is his call and I will back him all the way down the line.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Think you are putting words into my mouth. Where have i said Bozza being over sensitive to legal threats? The point i was making which you know fall well is that threads are being pulled when they really shouldn't be. Two girls were killed which is a tragedy i know but to pull a thread because of it is being over sensitive. There is nothing wrong with discussing it sensibly. If some tit on here wants to act a dick in that type of thread then wouldn't be better to ban them instead of pulling it?

Your original point - " yet you never see it shut down or being threatened. NSC does appear to far more sensitive to such things."

I don't know how else to take that. If BBS never gets threatened then they don't have a chance to show themselves as being oversensitive or not. The only evidence on our side of the fence is a late night call to birthday suited Bozza, threatening him.

Maybe you are right and I should have kept a beady eye on it and banned/deleted anything potentially libelous or downright offensive. There was another reason to withdraw that particular thread, but I don't wish to go in to the details for fear of creating another discussion point on that front.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Pulling one thread is not the end of NSC. Stop over-reacting.

Apparently the case is now sub-judice anyway.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here