Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Another Striker

The Tactician

Feb 18, 2013

The Tactician

Feb 18, 2013
No idea what one would cost. Could be fairly cheap if we look abroad. Teams that go up normally have one. We don't

This may seem optimistic, but I hope Hemed can maybe be that 20 goal man we have been looking for.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Still need a 20 goal striker.

Under Newcastle he had Carroll and Lovenkrands scoring 19 and 13, an Nolan (MF) scoring 17. Ameobi pitched in with another 10.

That's two big strikers (Bobby & Hemed), an attacking Midfielder (currently Stephens/Kayal, possibly Harper) and a winger/striker (currently Kaz but another to come).

I can't see us buying another striker. I'd be happy if we did but I can't see it.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
No idea what one would cost. Could be fairly cheap if we look abroad. Teams that go up normally have one. We don't

Hemed has scored 18 in one season, Baldock 28 wasn't it the other year in L1?

Probably really need the midfield to chip in more and the guys on the wing, including hopefully the new additions.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Hemed has scored 18 in one season, Baldock 28 wasn't it the other year in L1?

Probably really need the midfield to chip in more and the guys on the wing, including hopefully the new additions.

Well my opinion is we don't have enough fire power. Not one player you can really rely on.

The Tactician

Feb 18, 2013
Well my opinion is we don't have enough fire power. Not one player you can really rely on.

Well we've played two games, and Kaz has scored the winner in both. We have relied on him by starting him in both, and he hasn't let us down so far...
What is to say we won't push on from this good start and continue to win games? Hemed may turn out to be a goal machine, Baldock may finally hit form, Kaz might actually be consistently effective and score a good number of goals, Kayal, Stephens, Dunk might still get a few and March might have his breakout season. We just don't know yet, but you have to say we certainly look like we have quality in areas.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
I'd be surprised if CoG is still here come the end of the window, I expect him to go either sold or on loan once Bobby is up to speed.

Then we have Baldock and Colunga as the two strikers who like to play off the target man.

Colunga is on his way if his exclusion from last night is anything to go by.

Yes we have Hambo but he is an unknown. I can't see him being the one to challenge Baldock just yet so for me that means we'll need to get another striker in to challenge Baldock.

We need two wingers as well (that's a given) and also another CB to replace Dunk (if he goes)

So I reckon:

4 out (Chicksen, CoG, Dunk & Colunga)

4 in (2 wingers, striker, CB)

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Decided to resurrect this thread, as I still see ANOTHER STRIKER everywhere. After signing Uwe, I feel our defence is sorted. We absolutely need wingers, no doubt about that. But more upfront? Hemed, Baldock, O'Grady, Colunga, Harper, Hambo. Assuming we will play 2 upfront, that is 15 different variations of strikers we could play. 1 more Winger? A must. Two wingers? Yes please. 8 Strikers? I can't see the point. We have to trust that Hughton has bought well in Hemed, Harper and Hambo and only time will tell-but unless Hambo and Harper are not for the first team at all and O'Grady+Colunga leave-we surely have enough. But reading Hughton's words on O'Grady's future and the role he expects the youngsters to play-I'm not so sure that will happen.
Zamora not even included in your considerations then?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
But more upfront? Hemed, Baldock, O'Grady, Colunga, Harper, Hambo. Assuming we will play 2 upfront, that is 15 different variations of strikers we could play.
And 12 of them a bit shit. We've got Hemed, Baldock and Zamora, a couple of development players, and a couple that aren't needed, so we should be looking for another.

Doesn't every team. Wonder how much he would cost this 20 goal striker? ???
We gave one away a few seasons ago :(

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
2 quality wingers
Striker like Hooper (Boro now 6/4 favourites to sign)

= Top 6 (maybe more)
Agreed, season loan or deal is fine but we need to offload players who are unlikely to get games and are stopping DS players from stepping up and using up wages.

(Chicksen, O'Grady and Colunga for sure will probably get abused but maybe JFC to go on loan to get games(although I don't suppose his wages are an issue)

The Tactician

Feb 18, 2013

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Clunge is gone as far as I can tell. Zamora, Hambo (unproven) & Harper (unproven) are unfit. If Hemed, Baldock or O' Grady get a knock or suspension, we're going to be short as it stands at the moment. Also, when was the last time an Albion Striker scored the winner in a league match for us from open play? I'm thinking Ulloa vs Forest in 2014 the season before last but I stand to be corrected. I very much hope this can change on Saturday.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here