Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Another one bites the dust. Man Utd

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Sadly this is the way in the U.K. for many things, sell out to the biggest buyer regardless of their geographical location, morals or intent.
Sadly, barefaced hypocrisy and a blind eye is also the way in UK. Same as it ever was.
Check out where the Qatari businessman in question here was educated for starters.

Meanwhile, next week the nation will be applauding a man going for a ride in a gold carriage to have a crown stuck on his head while food banks are having to expand and the gap between rich and poor continues to grow.

Again, same as it ever was.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Sadly, barefaced hypocrisy and a blind eye is also the way in UK. Same as it ever was.
Check out where the Qatari businessman in question here was educated for starters.

Meanwhile, next week the nation will be applauding a man going for a ride in a gold carriage to have a crown stuck on his head while food banks are having to expand and the gap between rich and poor continues to grow.

Again, same as it ever was.
The fact that rich people exist is the same as it ever was, the fact that those riches were/are being made through the exploitation of poor people and/or the environment is also the same as it ever was.

The discussion at the moment though is around those rich people using clubs born out of working class communities to improve their reputations. For me the difference is that there are a number of fans who don't wish their club to be used in this way and to varying degrees feel uncomfortable with how that affects their own involvement.

You might call this hypocrisy because their line in the sand is drawn at a different place to yours, or you may not have one. Others might write it off as woke nonsense. Personally I applaud those who are considering their connection to this stuff and hope it creates a sea change of more people being more discerning in their choices as a consumer. Putting our money in the right places may create a turn around for a better world.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
The fact that rich people exist is the same as it ever was, the fact that those riches were/are being made through the exploitation of poor people and/or the environment is also the same as it ever was.

The discussion at the moment though is around those rich people using clubs born out of working class communities to improve their reputations. For me the difference is that there are a number of fans who don't wish their club to be used in this way and to varying degrees feel uncomfortable with how that affects their own involvement.

You might call this hypocrisy because their line in the sand is drawn at a different place to yours, or you may not have one. Others might write it off as woke nonsense. Personally I applaud those who are considering their connection to this stuff and hope it creates a sea change of more people being more discerning in their choices as a consumer. Putting our money in the right places may create a turn around for a better world.
So, yes or no, is Ratcliffe a 'better' owner for Man Utd than an English educated Qatari banker?

You may want to consider the type of business interests Ratcliffe has before answering btw.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
So, yes or no, is Ratcliffe a 'better' owner for Man Utd than an English educated Qatari banker?

You may want to consider the type of business interests Ratcliffe has before answering btw.
Depends how you define 'better' and where your line in the sand is.

Not a question I have much interest in answering to be honest.

As I said in my previous post I am just happy that the conduct of new owners is on the radar. Respect to those drawing their line in the sand.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here