Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Another one bites the dust. Man Utd

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Once 51% of PL clubs owned by Arabs and Yanks........then it's all over....games in UAE, Sydney etc......
No relegation, the NFL mirrored, okay if we’re still in the 20 club elite, but catastrophic if we aren’t.

Whilst we always dreamed big, like all fans do, the game at Hereford, getting promoted at Plymouth, winning the League at Walsall, they all had a certain charm to them, passion fused with romance.

As much as I want 3pts against Fulham and European football next year, a huge part of me misses the fight for the club, the £3.48 Carvery at Withdean, Dick turning his phone off on deadline day.

Happy days indeed.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Sadly this is the way in the U.K. for many things, sell out to the biggest buyer regardless of their geographical location, morals or intent.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
I wonder if it will ever reach a point where they realise they can’t all win and get bored. There are so many money bags sides and just not enough trophies to go around. The sad thing is that I don’t think they really care that much about winning and just want a toy and a play thing which help with the sport washing.

I wish the big seven would just naff off and leave the rest of us alone. Yes I know we would not have the best players in the world etc but it would be fun.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I wonder if it will ever reach a point where they realise they can’t all win and get bored. There are so many money bags sides and just not enough trophies to go around. The sad thing is that I don’t think they really care that much about winning and just want a toy and a play thing which help with the sport washing.

I wish the big seven would just naff off and leave the rest of us alone. Yes I know we would not have the best players in the world etc but it would be fun.
It has become the new sport of Kings.

Perhaps they’ll f*** off back to horse racing soon.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Sadly this is the way in the U.K. for many things, sell out to the biggest buyer regardless of their geographical location, morals or intent.
Although this is Americans selling to Arabs

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I blame Thatcher.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Talksport this evening, on and off, covered the potential Manure takeover. Lots of calls from fans with southern accents.

Bottom line, they were furious because Ratcliffe will likely win with US investment.

[There’s also the outside possibility that the Glazers will stick it out, or that Ratcliffe will part own with the Glazers].

Why the fury? Because the dream of being owned by a Qatari fund may be fading. They had visions of joining PSG, Newcastle and ManC.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Talksport this evening, on and off, covered the potential Manure takeover. Lots of calls from fans with southern accents.

Bottom line, they were furious because Ratcliffe will likely win with US investment.

[There’s also the outside possibility that the Glazers will stick it out, or that Ratcliffe will part own with the Glazers].

Why the fury? Because the dream of being owned by a Qatari fund may be fading. They had visions of joining PSG, Newcastle and ManC.

Pity we don't have a :tosser: option on the 'like' button (For the plastics, not you W).

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Spoke to some Manchester based (so not plastics from Guildford) United fans at Wembley and they were unashamed in their desire for Qatar to take over rather than Ratcliffe. It was all about doing exactly what you’re saying - compete with the other Arab owned clubs with money no object.

So glad I don’t support a club that seems to have so many fans who actually want to be owned by a state.

Another middle eastern purchase.

Let the sports washing continue.
Makes me sick quite honestly, awful countries with a middle ages mindset with that obscene money buying our heritage. Utd fans are the worst for hardly protesting.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
I don’t know how much the Albion get from sleeve sponsorship each season, but I really, really want Bloom to ‘buy’ the position for himself one season, and simply run the words, in a classic script…

100% locally owned.

God it would be glorious.

theboybilly

I don’t know how much the Albion get from sleeve sponsorship each season, but I really, really want Bloom to ‘buy’ the position for himself one season, and simply run the words, in a classic script…

100% locally owned.

God it would be glorious.
Can you imagine that on a banner hanging from the balcony at Wembley last week (in full view of the TV cameras)?

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Might look a bit silly when you remember that while we may be locally owned, USG are certainly not.
I’m not suggesting it on USG shirts?!

(And I doubt Belgian football fans are hostile to foreign money anyway?)

Last edited:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Ineos undertaking their own sport washing of their brand as one of Britain’s worse polluters.
Exactly this!

But it's ok as he's a 'local lad done well' :rolleyes:

Quite frankly, I think the term sports washing is just thinly veiled racism, at least when it's bandied about by folk who have no problem with one of their own playing Global Capitalism and winning.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here