Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Another nail in the coffin of football as the working mans game.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
I went to the European cup final today at twickenham. I'd be on death row the state I've just shambled in like. So too would the majority of the fans judging by the juiced up singing by the French earlier. The clermont fans in particular are ****ing head mental!!!!

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Me being searched/padded down, gaining entry to the north stand was probably the last straw for me at the end of the season
I'm 46 years old and was walking through the turnstiles with the Mrs and children, I don't need this at my time of life
I'm not a criminal and stepping out of my house on a Saturday afternoon I don't feel I need to be searched, I'm not entering a nite club down west street at midnight I'm attending a sporting event at 3 pm in broad daylight with my family
Id be saying goodbye to the sport I've been watching since 1974 but as my 76 year old dad went out and paid in full for next years season ticket I can't leave him going to games on his own so I ended up paying yet again another full season to accompany him, I really begrudge paying the money to watch absolute garbage on the pitch and being treated like a criminal at 3pm
If anyone ever sticks a breath-er-liser in my gob entering a football match then that's my lot

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Me being searched/padded down, gaining entry to the north stand was probably the last straw for me at the end of the season
I'm 46 years old and was walking through the turnstiles with the Mrs and children, I don't need this at my time of life
I'm not a criminal and stepping out of my house on a Saturday afternoon I don't feel I need to be searched, I'm not entering a nite club down west street at midnight I'm attending a sporting event at 3 pm in broad daylight with my family
Id be saying goodbye to the sport I've been watching since 1974 but as my 76 year old dad went out and paid in full for next years season ticket I can't leave him going to games on his own so I ended up paying yet again another full season to accompany him, I really begrudge paying the money to watch absolute garbage on the pitch and being treated like a criminal at 3pm
If anyone ever sticks a breath-er-liser in my gob entering a football match then that's my lot
Being searched at football has been going on for years. Think you are just using that as an excuse.

pigbite

Sep 9, 2007
The Amex is already a library at the best of times. I don't want to see this EVER implemented at our stadium. That reply by you is utterly pointless and is the sort of mentality that is killing football.

You can't beat a good sing song on trains/at stations/in pubs and WALKING TO THE STADIUM.

I agree in principle. What really matters though, as you rightly point out, is making a noise in the ground. I was just saying that if this were to happen then sometimes discretion is the better part of valour. But I honestly don't really see it being a problem. I would love to see an atmosphere in and out of the ground but we have little of either and we can't blame something that has not even happened for killing the atmosphere at our stadium.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Ninja,

It's more about choice - and the freedom to do what we want within the law. This is all about infringement
of rights.

Within the law. Maybe it's time to have stricter rules on pre-match alcohol consumption. If you show up for a match too pissed to function, why should the unfortunate people who sit around you have to put up with that? What's happened to their right to choose not to watch a match with some drunken lout?

It's a fine line between having a jar or two before the game, and having too many. I like a drink, and I want the option of having a pint at the ground but I do think there's a limit and a balance to be struck.

Have you seen the Albion this season?

Nah mate, I was too drunk to know what was happening.

In all seriousness though, I find it a bit sad that people want to watch football under the influence and a lot of people generally feel they have to in order to enjoy it. It's their choice, I'm honestly not trying to kick off a campaign because alcohol sales are good for the club, and for the pub trade in general which employs a lot of people and puts a lot of money into the economy.

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
Within the law. Maybe it's time to have stricter rules on pre-match alcohol consumption. If you show up for a match too pissed to function, why should the unfortunate people who sit around you have to put up with that? What's happened to their right to choose not to watch a match with some drunken lout?

It's a fine line between having a jar or two before the game, and having too many. I like a drink, and I want the option of having a pint at the ground but I do think there's a limit and a balance to be struck.

Nah mate, I was too drunk to know what was happening.

In all seriousness though, I find it a bit sad that people want to watch football under the influence and a lot of people generally feel they have to in order to enjoy it. It's their choice, I'm honestly not trying to kick off a campaign because alcohol sales are good for the club, and for the pub trade in general which employs a lot of people and puts a lot of money into the economy.

I can't honestly say that I have ever sat next to an Albion fan who was pissed out of their skull (home or away) in 18 years supporting. Merry - yes -

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I fear this might push supporters onto harder substances to numb the Hughton tedium.

You say that like its a bad thing HT. Maybe the club could tack something on to one of their meal deals. Obviously eat the food first though.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Watered-down and difficult to stomach with a bad aftertaste that lingers.

But enough about the Albion's football this season.

Time for a drink.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here