Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Another music thread - best intro

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
Money for Nothing - Dire Straits. Opens with Sting doing the 'backing' vocals, then a quality riff to top it off. What an intro.

Shizuoka Dolphin

NSC M0DERATOR
Jul 8, 2003
N/A
I can't believe noone's mentioned YMCA yet - have you ever known an intro which is so certain to get a room full of pissed up people shouting with delight?

Got to be pissed up though. Or gay.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
"Free Bird" for me by the late, great "Lynyrd Skynyrd". Always remember them supporting Golden Earring when they played at the Dome in the late 1970s. Bloody marvellous stuff.

:clap: :clap:

Children Of The Grave - Black Sabbath (ominous thundering grows to stellar drum break)

Eloise - The Damned extended 12" version (where drums rumble until the guitar slices and shreds).

Take A Pebble - ELP . good use of piano strings with plectrum.

Sebastian - Cockney Rebel (neo-classical or pseudo-classical, who cares as long as it works)

Oh Well - Peter Green's Fleetwood Mac (such a great riff wherever it occurs!)

Locomotive Breath - Jethro Tull.

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
Waterloo Sunset - the Kinks..........

Raphael Meade

Jul 5, 2003
Shoreham/LA
Juan Albion said:
For me it would have to be "Another Girl Another Planet" by the Only Ones. Can anything beat it?

...as well as being a blinder of a tune. was always told my band sounded like the only ones.

the higher ground cover by the chilis is also a bit of a belter of an intro. short and sweet.

JEM

Jul 5, 2003
Bevendean
I agree with most of the posts on here to be honest. Especially the rock ones.

But the beginning of 'Breathe' from Pink Floyd's 'Dark Side Of The Moon' does it for me. The best ever intro from the best ever LP.

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
"Toiler On The Sea" - The Stranglers

"Smack My Bitch Up" - The Prodigy

"Pretty Vacant" - Sex Pistols

They'll do for me......

Southy

Jul 7, 2003
Juan Albion said:
For me it would have to be "Another Girl Another Planet" by the Only Ones. Can anything beat it?

Soon as I saw this thread I tjhought of this tune. Best intro to an immense song, quiet guitar riff leads into arguably one of the best guitar solo's of all time as well. I also love the intro for Debaser by the Pixies and surely Smells like Teen Spirit must be in the frame?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here