Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Sussex] Another illegal Downland rave…….

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
But they don't though. Ever. And won't. Can you see hundreds of people pilled out of their minds at 6am on hands and knees picking up empty plastic cups and used condoms, and stowing them in their cars before driving home (intoxicated) and responsibly disposing of it?

This is typical "oh let the kids have fun"... there's a reason why not, because they don't and won't respect leeway with respect in return

I don't know. You always get those that are too ****ed to care but on the other hand there'll be loved up, eager helpers. If it was accepted, maybe bins could be provided along with drug testing machines.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I don't know. You always get those that are too ****ed to care but on the other hand there'll be loved up, eager helpers. If it was accepted, maybe bins could be provided along with drug testing machines.

Utter nonsense. When I went to raves they were mental. Drugs and alcohol, shitting and pissing everywhere, criminal damage, then everyone drives home intoxicated. The place ALWAYS looked like a bomb site afterwards.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Utter nonsense. When I went to raves they were mental. Drugs and alcohol, shitting and pissing everywhere, criminal damage, then everyone drives home intoxicated. The place ALWAYS looked like a bomb site afterwards.

You're talking about raves that were criminalised by a government that chose to make laws because they didn't like certain lifestyles. Even then, when i went raving I wouldn't throw rubbish on the floor as I'm not a dick. However, if there wasn't a police cordon around the exits, who's to say people in general wouldn't be more respectful. Treat people like criminals and there more likely to act that way.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
The percieved fun... meaning the fun, basically? People dont go to raves because it is illegal, but because it is fun to dance, drink, make out with nice girls and so on. Try it, you might like it.

No thanks, it’s not what I perceive as fun. I like to spend my time on here.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
You're talking about raves that were criminalised by a government that chose to make laws because they didn't like certain lifestyles. Even then, when i went raving I wouldn't throw rubbish on the floor as I'm not a dick. However, if there wasn't a police cordon around the exits, who's to say people in general wouldn't be more respectful. Treat people like criminals and there more likely to act that way.

Again, it sounds like your problem is that the police are trying to control a situation which could easily lead to loss of life and serious crime. You out an awful lot of faith in people who leave Glastonbury looking like this every year.

5d017373250000ae13df1175.jpeg

And Glastonbury is a *controlled* environment.

At raves; drug dealing, possession of class A drugs, criminal damage and vandalism, underage drinking/drug use. And how do people reach/leave raves in the middle of nowhere at 5am? Public transport then a hike? Or do they all bring designated drivers?

They drive home intoxicated on alcohol and drugs, putting innocent drivers on the road at fatal risk.

The police do all that they can with the resources available to stop these selfish ********.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Absolutely this. Music is a huge part of millions of peoples lives and this is a release. I don't blame them one bit for doing this. Just so there is no rubbish left or damage caused.

Wish I heard and knew where this was, would have 100% attended. Let us rave ffs. Enoughs enough. Music and arts industries hugely struggling with no support from our corrupt chums in power. There will be bigger raves if these restrictions continue. Hopefully the need doesn't come to that.

Very much this. This government has totally neglected the music sector with both Covid and also Brexit. Cant blame them for doing this.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Again, it sounds like your problem is that the police are trying to control a situation which could easily lead to loss of life and serious crime. You out an awful lot of faith in people who leave Glastonbury looking like this every year.

View attachment 138048

At raves; drug dealing, possession of class A drugs, criminal damage and vandalism, underage drinking/drug use. And how do people reach/leave raves in the middle of nowhere at 5am? Public transport then a hike? Or do they all bring designated drivers?

They drive home intoxicated on alcohol and drugs, putting innocent drivers on the road at fatal risk.

The police do all that they can with the resources available to stop these selfish ********.

Most of those things happen at pubs every weekend to….

D

Deleted member 2719

We borrowed someone's house and had a mini rave back in '80s on Truleigh hill. It was all going so well I was in bed by 9pm, I remember nothing apart from the complaints from the handful of houses the next day. They were not happy, we were apparently out of control.

If only I could remember any detail at all! :rave:

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Most of those things happen at pubs every weekend to….

Pubs are a controlled environment, with a license and a right to refuse service. There are toilets, often door/security staff. They pay tax and contribute to society. It's not an apt comparison. A better one is music festivals, where everyone gets the same stuff as a rave but it is staffed, with medical professionals on site.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería

View attachment 138048

Defund the police and give the money to the ravers.

What's wrong with class A drugs and underage drinking anyway? Driving under the influence is obviously not good. Back in the day, I did a fair bit of hitchhiking, walking and taxis.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Pubs are a controlled environment, with a license and a right to refuse service. There are toilets, often door/security staff. They pay tax and contribute to society. It's not an apt comparison. A better one is music festivals, where everyone gets the same stuff as a rave but it is staffed, with medical professionals on site.

Sooner Boris gets festivals open and underwrites their insurance the better…

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here