Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Another Disgrace

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Can you believe it?

On Thursday evenings at Lancing Lesiure Centre there is football training for kids taken by..........................

PORTSMOUTH FC! (Well according to September 06 timetable)

What? Why the hell arent the Albion doing something there?

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
bhanutz said:
What? Why the hell arent the Albion doing something there?
'Cos Pompey have the time slot.

Jul 7, 2003
As I've posted before Albion do a lot of skills centres around the County. For example they run after school football every Thursday at my sons school (Durrington First) and various others around the County throughout the week.

At weekends there are numerous Albion skills centres running (I coach at the Worthing one) and throughout the school holidays there are various courses available.

However if Pompey, Charlton, Chelsea or whoever want to run a training course down here, if they pay for the venue there is nothing to stop them.

It's all part of the football in the community programme - details on the club website :albion:

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Colbourne Kid said:
bhanutz

Why don't you contact Steve Ford at the Club and ask him to outline all the training that the Club do in the community and then post that information on here. Or is that too much trouble?

Alternatively go to

http://www.albioninthecommunity.org.uk/football.html

and then pass comment.

calm down, Lancing is Sussex not Hampshire, should be the Albion in there! at least getting some support for the future.

Colbourne Kid

Sep 19, 2003
They are you pratt. Why not find out what the Club is actually doing before before labelling the Club's activities a 'disgrace'

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Colbourne Kid said:
They are you pratt. Why not find out what the Club is actually doing before before labelling the Club's activities a 'disgrace'

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
Colbourne Kid said:

Well said!

And this could apply to so many comments on NSC - ill-informed criticism based on little or no knowledge of the facts and/or an inability or unwillingness to understand the situation and make considered judgements on it.

I don't mean that the club is above criticism - (West Ham ticketing!) - but when we criticise it should be on the basis of what we KNOW to be true, not what we THINK or WANT to be true.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Colbourne Kid said:

This is because it is much easier than complimenting the club on their tireless work to secure our future as a professional football club, obviously.

Well said CK. :clap: :clap: :clap:

3gulls

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Theatre of Trees said:
For the record the club were running training sessions at Boundstone School in Lancing the other night.

So they get a leisure centre, and we get some old school? :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Colbourne Kid said:

IT IS A DISGRACE THAT POMPEY ARE INFILTRATING LANCING!

NOBBY!

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Hang on a minute, perhaps I am missing something here, but if I had a kid living in the Worthing area then I wouldn't really mind if he/she were being coached by the Albion, Pompey, Charlton or Hamilton Academical...the mere fact that professional coaches were working and helping him/her improve their football skills would be sufficient. Who is to say that the Albion can't poach all the talent that other teams have helped nurture, I am sure they would do it to us given the chance.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
bhanutz said:
IT IS A DISGRACE THAT POMPEY ARE INFILTRATING LANCING!

NOBBY!

No - your words were why aren't the Albion doing something here?

They clearly are.

So it's still sussed-abution to you (a Durrington High School circa 1985 phrase, still in common use by me and my brother).

Last edited:

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Buzzer said:
No - your words were why aren't the Albion doing something here?

They clearly are.

So it's still sussed-abution to you (a Durrington High School circa 1985 phrase, still in common use by me and my brother).

eh?

interpret my words as you like, It is still a disgrace that Pompey are infiltrating lancing!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here