Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Another baby killed by dog tragedy-why do people play Russian roulette with their kids?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Yes, I thought about that as well. But honestly, there are many anecdotal pieces on the web that suggest the breed is becoming aggressive. It is very hard to find any solid statistics though.

Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against GR's, one of my favourite type of dogs but from the little research I have done an overall picture emerges. Having said that, there are many articles that refute this so who knows?

My personal nemesis as a species are Poodles, my mothers family had several of them and without exception they were all snappy, yappy spiteful little gits, one particularly pampered, yet psychotic, dog was named Bambi of all things.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
being attacked by a minature poodle wont do you much damage

It will, however, result in death or serious injury to the mutt.
In a previous job I used to visit peoples homes and have been bitten on more than one occasion; the animal concerned always got a bloody good kick and/or a whack with the handle of a hammer. The owners,without fail, would either say "he's just playing" or "oh he's never done that before".
Dogs = hairy, sh!t-producing, vicious *******s

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
The worst thing my Jack Russell has ever done was kill a frog in the garden and for 10 minutes that could have gone either way. She is a rubbish scrapper.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
They say that all dogs can turn killer but in practice most breeds don't. It all comes back to the same old " Pit Bull " types as being the usual initiators when ever a tragedy like this occurs. When you see the typical thug trying to hold back his wheezing straining Pit Bull derivative I always see another tragedy waiting to happen.
Dress it up any way you like when you see one of those thickset, bowlegged, stocky and evil eyed monsters coming towards you, you know the owner hasn't bought it and named it Satan for its ability to play with kids.

I started reading that sentence assuming you were talking about the owner not the dog....

Buckley's Mad Eye

Oct 27, 2012
These moron parents should be made to pass an exam before they are allowed to breed. Fail the test and the knackers come off.

Buckley's Mad Eye

Oct 27, 2012
It will, however, result in death or serious injury to the mutt.
In a previous job I used to visit peoples homes and have been bitten on more than one occasion; the animal concerned always got a bloody good kick and/or a whack with the handle of a hammer. The owners,without fail, would either say "he's just playing" or "oh he's never done that before".
Dogs = hairy, sh!t-producing, vicious *******s
Postman?

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Jesus, this thread reads like the comments column of the Daily Mail. I very much doubt most of the people on here would know a pitbull if it fell out of the sky and hit them on the head!

There are very, very few pitbulls in the UK, but thanks to the papers any bull terrier breed is automatically dumped into that bracket. All Dogs of any breed are capable of attack on humans including Golden Retrievers. It is a statistical fact that Dog attacks happen far more in the north east and yorkshire, wonder why that is?

http://www.theguardian.com/news/datablog/2013/mar/27/dog-bites-data

Oh and Bull Terriers are about mid table of the breeds likely to attack despite some of the pricks that own one.

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
Well this one, less than a week later, wasn't a Pitbull like dog.

"The Alaskan Malamute Club of the United Kingdom described the breed as "heavy boned and powerfully built" as well as affectionate and friendly on its website." Of course it is!!

RIP another little one.

Baby death in Pontyberem:

A dog has been seized by police following the sudden death of a baby in Carmarthenshire.

Officers say they had a call alerting them to the incident at a property in New Road, Pontyberem, shortly before 08:30 GMT on Tuesday.

The baby was airlifted to the University Hospital of Wales, Cardiff, the Welsh Ambulance Service said.

The dog involved in the incident was an Alaskan Malamute, similar to a Husky, which is not a banned breed.

A Welsh Ambulance Service spokeswoman said: "We were called at 8.26am to a medical emergency at a property in Pontyberem.

"We sent a paramedic in a rapid response vehicle, an emergency ambulance and the Helimed helicopter to the scene, and a baby was airlifted to the University Hospital of Wales."

'Shocked and saddened'

Nearby neighbour Ann Williams, who lives in New Road, said they knew of the family but did not know them well.

"The first thing we heard were sirens going like blazes," she said.

Police are expected to reveal more details about the death later

"There was a first response car followed by an ambulance and police and a doctor. Then after the first ambulance, another ambulance arrived.

"Then a dog vehicle arrived. It must have been 9.30-10am.

"We didn't know what to think - there was so many police, so many vehicles. We obviously thought something was radically wrong.

"We are shocked and saddened - what else can you be? We have grandchildren of our own.

"You don't expect to have this in your own street."

'Extremely supportive'

Alan Lewis, chairman of Pontyberem Community Council said: "We are just horrified with what's happened and our thoughts go out to the family."

He said Pontyberem - home to around 2,700 people - was a small, quiet village where "everybody looks out for each other".

The dog seized was an Alaskan Malamute, similar to the one pictured, which is not a banned breed
Another community councillor, Alban Rees, said the death was "astounding", adding: "This is a young family and a young life has been lost. This is the first time I've come across anything like this.

"I'm sure the community will be extremely supportive and do anything to help the family involved."

Alaskan Malamutes were originally bred as sled dogs for work in the Arctic but have become popular as family pets.

The Alaskan Malamute Club of the United Kingdom described the breed as "heavy boned and powerfully built" as well as affectionate and friendly on its website.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
A mate of mine has a Malumute. It's lovely. It's also furking massive and strong with wolf like gnashers. I wouldn't leave a kid near it let alone on it's own with it.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
the next village along from us while we lived in Wales
RIP little one
in my experience dogs and kids do not mix
if you have to get a dog get it after the baby is born, even then I would have to think very carefully about it.
all of our cats came after the kids and at that time we kept them well apart

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Oh good, the anti-dog brigade are out in force. Just because 1 breed of vicious dog attacks a child - doesnt mean they all do.

Pitbulls are dangerous and are prone to attack people. It also depends on how you treat a dog. If you are nasty to it, chances are it will attack, but if you treat it well, it is less likely to.

RIP to the Child though.

Change the record,as you know we have all been here before.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
RIP :(

Am I the only one shocked that they're being done for manslaughter? I know it's a stupid thing to do having a dog like that around the kid but it's not like they intentionally hurt someone? And they've paid the worst punishment in the world regardless I might add.. :(

Plake

Unregistered User
Nov 7, 2009
Brighton seafront
it's not like they intentionally hurt someone?

In which case the correct charge is indeed involuntary manslaughter.

Like as if they'd left a loaded gun in the nursery which through a freak accident had gone off and killed the kid.

Agree any punishment a court might hand down will be superfluous though. You don't ever properly recover from the loss of a baby.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here