Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Annual - Which position will the Albion finish 2013/2014 season poll?

Albion 2013/14 Season Poll

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bognor Bystander

Looking for a new job
Oct 7, 2010
Bognor Regis
I've plumped for 6th - would be happy with that. Actually would be delighted as I feel there are some strong teams this year not withstanding we could still make a couple more key signings that would mean we are one of the strongest. Still we have to 'gel' under Oscar and over a season factor in suspensions and injuries but I'm looking forward to another great season :)

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
I think we need strengthening in certain areas to achieve the play-offs again, especially how tough the League will be now. With the likes of QPR, Wigan, Reading added into the mix. I've got this sneaky feeling we will just miss out this time round and end up 8th.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
With only 11 days to go before the season starts & no meaningful signings, can we realistically expect the Albion to compete for the top positions this time around?

Delighted that we have a new manager & hopefully the side will be more attacking, the loss of a number of key players, I cannot see us in the top 6 positions this season. Think we will be mid table & perhaps rise to 9th come May.

So what do you think?

Does Upson not count as meaningful?

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
I'd argue that we're not actually weaker than last season. Ulloa and Upson for the whole season will make a massive difference.

The only players we will really miss are Hammond (solid but nothing special, replaceable), Dave (Needs replacing) and Bridge (will have to wait and see on Chicksen - we know he has pace at least so will be an improvement on Painter). Vicente, whilst a fantastic player, didn't make too many contributions of note last season.

Add to that the possibility of JFC, March et al adding something to the squad that we may not have had before - with an additional 2 key players, plus maybe one or two squad players, I'm going for 3rd, with us reaching the playoff final.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
No real idea at this stage but, assuming other clubs are likely to have strengthened already and be bedding in their squad, that the three coming down will probably be more competitive than last year and the end of season form of the likes of Forest and Bolton, I went for 9th.

Wouldn't be gutted with that either to be honest.

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
It's amazing how many people think we'll get automatic promotion, or even a play-off place with Garcia's first year in charge! Nice optimism there peeps. I've plumped for a healthy 10th place finish. Oscar will have a lot to learn about the english game, and how underperforming teams are able to grind out a 1-0 win against a superior side (especially in the hard graft that is the Championship). Having Jonesy on board will help, but this will be the 3rd year in the Amex, and some of those sides will now how to play against us already even with a new coach.

Having said that, I'd be delighted if we got promotion, but realistically feel that once again this a year for consolidation.

DBL

Banned
Sep 22, 2011
We will be a long way from promotion & not flirting with relegation either.

A traditional loss at Leeds, when do we win away first game & comfortably mid table - never threatening the top 6 this year.
13th for me. Anything better & I'll be very happy.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Ulloa and Upson for a full season is something to get excited about. Gone for 6th but think Oscar will get a few more players in and we will make a real push for top 2

darters74

Jun 9, 2011
All over the place
We will be a long way from promotion & not flirting with relegation either.

A traditional loss at Leeds, when do we win away first game & comfortably mid table - never threatening the top 6 this year.
13th for me. Anything better & I'll be very happy.

We've won there the past 2 seasons!

On a sidenote, losing Hammond isn't a loss in my eyes. Only Bridge and Lopez are losses. Will obviously miss Vicente but hardly saw him anyway. And with hopefully 4 or 5 new guys coming in plus like someone said, Upson and Ulloa for the whole season, who knows..........

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
Ah bless, Little Al has got us down as 23rd. Heartwarming that the Croydon fans even join in our polls.

Sad dickheads.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
2nd place

DBL

Banned
Sep 22, 2011
We've won there the past 2 seasons!

On a sidenote, losing Hammond isn't a loss in my eyes. Only Bridge and Lopez are losses. Will obviously miss Vicente but hardly saw him anyway. And with hopefully 4 or 5 new guys coming in plus like someone said, Upson and Ulloa for the whole season, who knows..........

I know, third time lucky to win away ...... hmm

Also our record of first game away each season is not great from memory.
Really can't see us competing this year....... yet!

May change my mind after the Norwich friendly

Saint Lennard

Prawn Sarnie Casual
Sep 30, 2004
Seafront shelters
My decision is based upon who we have currently so I expect us to finish higher depending on our acquisitions. If the players stay fit and we continue our rich vein of form but a lot depends on what we pick up in the first two months. The more I think about it 9th is the worst we will do. If players come in and stay fit then a play off place seems more likely.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here