Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Annual - Which position will the Albion finish 2013/2014 season poll?

Albion 2013/14 Season Poll

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Canonman

Apr 14, 2011
Are people happy to buy tickets and splash out on all the extras with no expectations of us finishing above ninth? If I thought that then I wouldn't bother. Are these the same people that I see in the WSU that cannot be bothered to even blurt out the words to GOSBTS and never join in the singing. I know a lot of fans do and are very positive about the team. Sorry but more people need to be positive, it might even generate a better atmosphere.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Are people happy to buy tickets and splash out on all the extras with no expectations of us finishing above ninth? If I thought that then I wouldn't bother. Are these the same people that I see in the WSU that cannot be bothered to even blurt out the words to GOSBTS and never join in the singing. I know a lot of fans do and are very positive about the team. Sorry but more people need to be positive, it might even generate a better atmosphere.

How odd! Assume you won't be going if we ever make the Prem

GolfingGull

Jul 21, 2013
Costa del Worthing
Top 10 would be good. Oscar will need time to find his best team, influence the style of play and bring in his own players. A tough start to the season with some tough fixtures, I expect us to get stronger as the season progresses, rather than the quick start we have had for the past 2 seasons.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
14th of course. Some on here don't realise how well we did to come 10th and 4th imo...

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard

you wouldn't bother going if we weren't good? don;'t mind if I call you a fickle glory-hunting JCL then ;)

Its perfectly OK to be realistic about expectations you know. If you've followed football for any length of time you'll know that clubs don't just suffer a backroom turmoil, change managers, lose a couple of their best players and then immediately storm the league, unless they are by a mile the richest club in that league. Being realistic means you're either not disappointed or pleasantly surprised. Hardly affects the support of the team. In my experience its the ones who expect us to win 4-0 every game that sit there moaning when we don't.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
It's much the same team as last year's 4th placed team. We're missing Bridge which is a major loss. On the other hand, we were the best or 2nd best team for the second half of last season (after we signed a quality striker) so you could say we finished stronger than last year's final position suggests.

Realistically we are looking at anywhere between 1st and 8th, so I've optimistically gone for first place for the purpose of this pointless internet poll.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Anyone who is being reserved about our final league position isn't being very clever. Lets be clear about this - mid-table would represent a truly crap season.

We have probably the best keeper in the league.
Our back four will consist of a current Scottish cap, and former England cap (and scorer of our last world cup goal)
In midfield, we still have the most consistent and highly rated player outside the Premiership.
Up front we can choose from Ulloa, CMS, Barnes, Hoskins, as well as the ever improving Toby, JFC and Barker. How many other teams are likely to have that sort of fire power especially when injuries start piling up.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I'd be happy with anything in the upper part of the table as long as we are playing attractive attacking football. OGJ hasn't had a chance to get his feet under the table yet and may need time to get the team shape how he would like.

Dec 29, 2011

You wouldn't go if we didn't finish above 9th in the Championship? Doesn't that just make you a glory seeker?

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Anyone who is being reserved about our final league position isn't being very clever. Lets be clear about this - mid-table would represent a truly crap season.

Yes it would, relative to last year. Relative to the previous 20, not so much. But if you're going to sack the manager who got us to fourth you've really got to be crossing your fingers that the new guy can continue the progression.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Yes it would, relative to last year. Relative to the previous 20, not so much. But if you're going to sack the manager who got us to fourth you've really got to be crossing your fingers that the new guy can continue the progression.
Which is more relevant to our current expections - last season or the season 20 years ago?

We all know what this team is capable of.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here