Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Annual - Which position will the Albion finish 2013/2014 season poll?

Albion 2013/14 Season Poll

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
For some reason I've dropped from 7th to 9th....... Bridge is a BIG loss. See if any of our signings make me more confident. I'd be happy with top half finish (even 12th)

Nah - losing Bridge is a shame, but it's not as much as a blow as it would have been if Upson had gone.

Anyway, I'm with @Darters74 on this...three or four quality players and no transfers out of the club of key players, then we have a squad capable of a top three finish. Some of you are underestimating the influence of players like Orlandi, Ulloa and Buckley who most other Championship clubs would love in their squads.

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
I have voted 1st, which is optimistic in view of the fact that we have no knowledge of Oscar or how the team will play under him. But who cares, let's start how we mean to go on. We should have gone up last season, instead of the scummers.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I have voted 1st, which is optimistic in view of the fact that we have no knowledge of Oscar or how the team will play under him. But who cares, let's start how we mean to go on. We should have gone up last season, instead of the scummers.

This is my attitude go into the season expecting the best, if it doesn't happen nip home at half time and start an Oscar out/ Barnes is shit thread, it was always thus on NSC :jester:

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Funny how nobody's even see us play a competitive game under Oscar yet people have decided we're going to win the league. They're the same people who will be saying we're going to get relegated if we lose the first three games.

I called 4th correctly last season, this season I'm going for 6th.

Funny how nobody's even see us play a competitive game under Oscar yet people have decided we're going to win the league. They're the same people who will be saying we're going to get relegated if we lose the first three games.

I concur. I suppose being football fans everyone is optimistic, otherwise they don't support the club!
I had us down for 6th last season, so not far out either.

I honestly cannot see us competing this time around for the honours. So many good players leaving, little coming in, injuries still to key players, stronger opposition this time around & a new manager to bed in. I think 9th, but the season could start flatly (bottom half - until the New Year) when we get it together. Still time to get some new players in, but as usual leaving it very late. Still, when I see the Albion on Saturday night, I might change my mind.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

I honestly cannot see us competing this time around for the honours. So many good players leaving, little coming in, injuries still to key players, stronger opposition this time around & a new manager to bed in. I think 9th, but the season could start flatly (bottom half - until the New Year) when we get it together. Still time to get some new players in, but as usual leaving it very late. Still, when I see the Albion on Saturday night, I might change my mind.

As a point of interest who are these "so many good players leaving"? I think the only one we will struggle to replace who contributed to our fine season last year is Bridge. Which other ones am I missing? Hammond, an unfit Vicente and Spanish Dave are the only ones I can think of and I think we'll replace all of those with players who can contribute at least as much.

As a point of interest who are these "so many good players leaving"? I think the only one we will struggle to replace who contributed to our fine season last year is Bridge. Which other ones am I missing? Hammond, an unfit Vicente and Spanish Dave are the only ones I can think of and I think we'll replace all of those with players who can contribute at least as much.

However, we haven't replaced these players yet, Dobbie, Painter & Dicker too. CMS is crocked don't forget. So how on earth can people think that we will finish higher than last season, with Dave & Bridge, Vicente & Hammond gone too? The season hasn't started of course & there is many a twist & turn - however, on the 24th July, can we really expect/honestly believe that we will be competing for a top 2 or top 6 slot?

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
I've gone for 7th as I think it's going to be alot tougher this time around and the team will need time to adjust to how Oscar wants to play, that could mean gaps at the back if we're going to try and attack quicker.

Plus other teams have made good signings so my top 7 are:

Reading
QPR
Bolton
Forest
Wigan
Derby (there's always a team that you don't expect to make it)
Brighton

Then there's Charlton, Leicester, Blackburn, Ipswich and Watford who I believe will also be in the mix.

It's going to be a very tough year!

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
10th for me. Will there be new signings? We don't know. If there are, who? We don't know. Will success for Oscar with the Barcelona youth teams and a well-resourced club in a weak Israeli league translete into success in a gruelling 46-game Championship? We don't know. Going into the season with CMS still nowhere near fitness, Bridge gone and without the only guy on the team who could take penalties, are we weaker than last season? Definitely.

How anyone can predict a top-two finish is beyond me. I hope I'm wrong, obviously ...

Buckley's Mad Eye

Oct 27, 2012
2nd. Garcia is God, Buckley will play 46 games, Ulloa will net 38 times, Kuszczak will get 22 clean sheets, Upson will regain his England spot. I'm going for a lie down.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
I've voted 6th to be positive as I currently think we will finish between 6th and 9th. This could easily change when I see us actually play under Oscar and we make a couple more signings but I do think we missed a big opportunity for promotion last year as this season's Championship looks a lot stronger IMO.

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
As it stands we are weaker than last season with a new manager who may need time to adjust. Slow start and improvement around xmas but finish just outside playoffs. Obviously my opinion may change once messi signs.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
2nd behind Reading. There are signings yet to come who will make a BIG impact I reckon.

del strangefish

Nov 1, 2008
Back of North Stand
Think we will scrape through the group stage and get knocked out in the quarter final.

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
Well, I voted 1st-gotta be optomistic. Odd that many others (13 I think voted) the same but haven't posted their views (yet) Oscar's the man, fast attacking decisive killer footy drilling the ball around with Ulloa scoring for fun.Kuszczak 25 clean sheets ( where did that number come from? ) and Upson / Greer bossing the tightest defence in the league. We pass Palarse on their way down, Bridcutt to stay...What could possibly go wrong?

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Reading seem likeliest for top spot, QPR could storm it or flop badly. Bottom 6 I think will be Barnsley, Bournemouth, Blackpool, Doncaster, Millwall and Yeovil. Middle 12 Burnley, Brum, Boro, Blackburn, Bolton, Charlton, Derby, Huddersfield, Ipswich, Wednesday, Wigan and Leicester. Top six Reading, Watford, Brighton, Forest, QPR and Leeds.
My rationale is I can't see any of the sides I've put top 6 falling into the bottom half or any of those in the bottom 6 getting into the top half though all of them could end up near the middle, most of the middle 12 will be thinking they can make the play offs except maybe Huddersfield and Burnley.

I think Leicester and Bolton will want to change Manager before Christmas but with FFP will they or any Championship club be able to afford to do it?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

Funny how nobody's even seen us play a competitive game under Oscar yet people have decided we're going to come midtable.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here