Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Annoying things on NSC

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Geez, there's some touchy bastards on here!
Annoying things on NSC? The miserable posters who feel the need to verbally attack others in order to make themselves feel better - ie keyboard warriors

This

Also those people who have a desperate need to "win" and argument or change someones mind. They are too daft to realise that this is a futile endeavor and cannot just enjoy reading and responding to someone with an alternative opinion. It is usually these sausages who resort to abuse out of frustration.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Show off threads involving people basically boasting about going on holiday. And the insecure f***-ups who, for no reason whatsoever keep mentioning "The Mrs" and the kids to convince people they have a life. It fools no-one, I have plenty of married friends with dickheads for wives and annoying kids.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
That ^^^^^^

Why do it? We know what it's about, it's on this thread.

Comedy Steve

We're f'ing brilliant
Oct 20, 2003
BN6
My pet hate is people changing the names of football teams to have lame insults in them; Palarse, Scumhampton, etc etc. If you're going to insult them, be creative. It's generic and very dull.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
My pet hate is people changing the names of football teams to have lame insults in them; Palarse, Scumhampton, etc etc. If you're going to insult them, be creative. It's generic and very dull.

On a similar note, I'd probably suggest anyone who refers to Man United as "Scum".

It's really small time. Man United don't give a toss about teams like us :shrug:

Brownstuff

Feb 21, 2009
Hove
Shortening of players names
Gets on my goat seeing Mackail-Smith referred to as CMS and same for Kuipers as FDM etc

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
When regular, well-known users get banned and there is no mention on Moderating Threads. But when users (that no one has heard of) with one spammy post get banned, they do get a mention.
Yes, the uselessness of the Moderating Decisions forum long been a pet moan of mine. Someone told me NMH was banned, but there's no mention of it
People who think that NSC is, like the rest of popular football media, entirely about the game and tactics and saying things you've heard other people say on the TV.

People who still think it's funny to randomly capitalise words because of one argument about 8 years ago about someone who said a game at Withdean was going to be called off because of the rain.

People who over-adulate the club by replying to any minor gripe with "we're in a great stadium, we're higher than we've been in xx years" and you're still moaning, as if that precludes anything said about the rest of the live football experience.

People who are critical of the modern football experience but entirely sycophantic about their own club.

People who post in the word association thread.
Spot on! (Especially the one I've highlighted) When someone says "I queued thirty minutes for a pie" you can bet your bottom dollar that some boring, no-life WANKER with no conception of any existence outside of their own will say "Why do you need to eat at a football match?" Because it's part of the experience and/or ritual ok? You might want to turn up three minutes before kickoff, not buy anything and bugger off on 87 minutes to catch the train home for your tea, but not everyone else does.

Oh and my own gripe ... when someone takes the time and trouble to correct you on a fact, especially a spelling or grammar issue, the correct response is 'Thank you'. Do NOT moan and say "I fort this woz a futbul forum not a english leson!" It's because of that attitude that you're so f***ing thick in the first place.

And relax ........

Hatman1234

Aug 24, 2011
In a crater in the sea.
Why do some posters insist on typing 'Shirley' instead of 'surely'? Is it meant to be witty?
But what f**ks me off even more is when some people assume their opinion is the only correct one and write 'thread closed' or end of thread. You know who you are. A***holes

This is what annoys me about NSC, F**KING MOANERS! Get on with it or get off is what I'd recommend.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here