Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Annoying cat problems...

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
My cat has recently started to sit and talk to the plug socket in the hallway. She's always been mildly retarded, but I am worried she is now starting to lose the plot entirely. She's still going to the loo in the right place, and still has a ridiculously healthy appetite, and is still very agile, so I'm not too concerned yet, but at 16 years old, if she is going senile, then she will just need that little bit more love and attention I guess. That said, she is currently sat glued to the cricket, she's always loved cricket, golf, snooker and darts!!! Think she may have been an old man's cat before she came to me!

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
My cat has recently started to sit and talk to the plug socket in the hallway. She's always been mildly retarded, but I am worried she is now starting to lose the plot entirely.

I'm no expert on Cats, but is it possible that she can hear the electrical current? It isn't within a range that humans can hear, but electricity does, I believe, make a sound.

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
Haha, I love cats, mind of their own.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
My cat has recently started to sit and talk to the plug socket in the hallway. She's always been mildly retarded, but I am worried she is now starting to lose the plot entirely. She's still going to the loo in the right place, and still has a ridiculously healthy appetite, and is still very agile, so I'm not too concerned yet, but at 16 years old, if she is going senile, then she will just need that little bit more love and attention I guess. That said, she is currently sat glued to the cricket, she's always loved cricket, golf, snooker and darts!!! Think she may have been an old man's cat before she came to me!
If it makes you feel any better our kitten spends an amazing amount of time staring at the wall for no apparent reason and he's as fit as they come.

As for the watching sport, I can't play fifa for long without the older one sitting directly in front of the TV (as in, on the unit) watching the players/ball (with a couple of half-arsed attempts at catching them thrown in) for at least 5 minutes.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
We're new cat owners in Chez Bassic and currently the following things irritate the ever loving **** out of me:

- Waking me up at 4am for no reason, making sure I'm 100% awake and then going back to sleep herself.
- Incessant meowing despite being fed, rested and having full freedom of the kingdom.

I just don't get those two little things.

On the plus side she is ridiculously entertaining.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Is it true that female cats do actually talk (meow) more than males anyway? I had had both male and female moggies in my life and the females certainly did seem to chunter on far more. My male cat only used to meow as he entered the room to announce his presence.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
I was tired and thats the only way I could describe what she sits on, at the time

here is a picture of her sitting on a "fence poll", you'll know what a fence poll is when you see it...

View attachment 55360

I would recommend purchasing a cat ornament and attaching it to the timber support (poll).

agarden-cat-ornament.jpg

Then see if she gets the message, and if she does, remove the cat ornament but replace it if she starts again.

Let me know how you get on :thumbsup: She may see the funny side.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Cats are users and abusers end of.

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
We have a 3 month old kitten who is a massive fan of sprinting all round the house and treating everything as one of his toys...normally, not a problem, but as we've now got a 16 day old baby in the house as well I spend half my time on edge that the fluffy cyclone will do something bad (though the chances are fairly slim really).

Mmm i have the same thing - Kitten - baby on the way.....

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Mmm i have the same thing - Kitten - baby on the way.....
I have to say, we were a little concerned as to how the kitten would react (Little Gullflyinghigh turned up earlier than planned) but despite being an utter lunatic in every other way he's been golden around the young 'un, he gave him a sniff on the 2nd day and flumped down next to him...that was it.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
We have a 3 month old kitten who is a massive fan of sprinting all round the house and treating everything as one of his toys...normally, not a problem, but as we've now got a 16 day old baby in the house as well I spend half my time on edge that the fluffy cyclone will do something bad (though the chances are fairly slim really).

I don't know how true it is but I have heard that because cats are attracted to warmth, they have a tendency to sit on babies and are drawn to their warm breath and can accidently smother them by making themselves comfy. Obviously I doubt this would happen during the summer, but you do have to keep an eye on them.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
I don't know how true it is but I have heard that because cats are attracted to warmth, they have a tendency to sit on babies and are drawn to their warm breath and can accidently smother them by making themselves comfy. Obviously I doubt this would happen during the summer, but you do have to keep an eye on them.
It may be hokum (sounds a bit like it) but we heard the same thing. In all honesty, we've got the caution of new first time parents going on as it is so there's no chance of us leaving them all alone in the same room!

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
It may be hokum (sounds a bit like it) but we heard the same thing. In all honesty, we've got the caution of new first time parents going on as it is so there's no chance of us leaving them all alone in the same room!

good positive way of looking at it

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
A: She is Cat and thats how Cats communicate mainly MEOWING !!!
B: She is female so it will be inbred into her to wail and moan and nag, claw and scratch etc etc until she gets her own way.

I have to put up with this but i still love my Cat very much and wouldn't be without her but then im a big softy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here