Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Andy Naylor (this is fixtures)

NorthStandN1A

Aug 1, 2011
Hove
He means Cardiff the team, not the place. But I don't imagine having a multitude of people explain that to you will change your opinion, so please do continue to be inexplicably angry on the day we beat the runaway league leaders away from home.

he does but I didn't read it like that because he had previously tweeted other negative shit about how not to expect goals. I might have over reacted to a specific tweet but I still think he is a bit too much doom and gloom.

- - - Updated - - -

He means Cardiff the team, not the place. But I don't imagine having a multitude of people explain that to you will change your opinion, so please do continue to be inexplicably angry on the day we beat the runaway league leaders away from home.

he does but I didn't read it like that because he had previously tweeted other negative shit about how not to expect goals. I might have over reacted to a specific tweet but I still think he is a bit too much doom and gloom.

- - - Updated - - -

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
when i feel blue I feel like shit - therefore if we leave Cardiff feeling blue we have lost !!! Surely you get that?

Sorry, you've read it wrong. It's like leaving someone with egg on their face, not going away from somewhere.

edit: sorry, already been pointed out

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
He always tweets negative shit - end of

Always. All of the f***ing time. I mean look at these two:

"Goodnight from the principality after a very good night for #bhafc. Apologies for the lack of tweets. Out of my control."

"Smash and grab but that makes a change for #bhafc. They are entitled to feel it's about time. Defended manfully and took their chances."

Enough of the negativity already, Naylor!

:ffsparr:

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
So in summary:

OP claims Naylor says BHAFC will 'feel blue' - OP read it wrong.

OP claims all of Naylors tweets are negative - that is disproved immediately....including the OP's own example.

All in all it's going VERY well.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Seriously pisses me off with his usual pre game banter - always negative - usually drawing attention to some of our weaknesses - and highlighting that we shouldn't be up for games !!!!

How does he get paid to go to every game?

His twitter tonight just pisses me off like no other - especially saying we will be leaving feeling blue WTF!!!!!

GET NAYLOR :shit: OUT !!!!!!

Rant over

... as opposed to you posting negative shit.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
I really don't understand the issue our fans have with Naylor. The times I've met him coming home from games when he's had to put up with me being well oiled he's been friendly and always happy to talk. He is also very knowledgeable about the sport as well as the Albion as you'd expect him to be given that it is his job.

If people are really that upset by the bloke then don't read the Argus, don't follow him on twitter and don't open threads about him or his articles on here. Problem solved.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
If we didn't have professsional local sports coverage, we'd be left with, what? Reports from Hove Born&Bred. *shudder*

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
You know the beauty of twitter is that you don't have to follow the entire world don't you?

Just pick the people you like. Fabulous isn't it!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I really don't understand the issue our fans have with Naylor. The times I've met him coming home from games when he's had to put up with me being well oiled he's been friendly and always happy to talk. He is also very knowledgeable about the sport as well as the Albion as you'd expect him to be given that it is his job.

If people are really that upset by the bloke then don't read the Argus, don't follow him on twitter and don't open threads about him or his articles on here. Problem solved.

In a nutshell.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

Absolutely correct, and that is precisely my experience the only time I've ever met him (I was well oiled, he wasn't). Perhaps not the best writer but a very decent bloke.

I don't know Andy Naylor, but think his tweets supportive, analytical, and to the point. Given how tough it is for any printed newspaper to survive nowadays, I'd say we in Sussex are fortunate to have a local paper that offers coverage of the Albion in the depth that Andy and Brian Owen provide. An Argus-less Brighton would be a much poorer Brighton.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
If we didn't have professsional local sports coverage, we'd be left with, what? Reports from Hove Born&Bred. *shudder*

Always thought HB&B was an old pro :wink:

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
Oh dear, bet you are glad you started this thread.

AN is hired to be objective and say it as he thinks. Not expecting goals is just a prediction based on past records and decent defensive stats.

As far as the tweet goes you just read that completely wrong and I can’t possibly see how. Unless you are a bit simple.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

Is't he technically "Brighton Born & Hove Bred" now?

NorthStandN1A

Aug 1, 2011
Hove
As far as the tweet goes you just read that completely wrong and I can’t possibly see how. Unless you are a bit simple.

If you can't see how then maybe it is you that are simple.

He referred to Brighton as #BHAFC and Cardiff as "Cardiff" not Cardiff City FC.
So if I leave Cardiff feeling blue it means I am leaving the place Cardiff, not Cardiff City FC.
SIMPLES!!!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
If you can't see how then maybe it is you that are simple.

He referred to Brighton as #BHAFC and Cardiff as "Cardiff" not Cardiff City FC.
So if I leave Cardiff feeling blue it means I am leaving the place Cardiff, not Cardiff City FC.
SIMPLES!!!

When you have only 140 characters in a tweet, why put in an additional 8? The majority of people read it differently to you.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Everytime someone posts a thread about Andy Naylor, he murders a kitten.

I beg you all to stop this madness.

This has now stopped me even thinking about Nylor or the Arsegus !
Murdering kittens is NOT on and have reported this to the RSPCA !
Why didn't someone tell us this was going on before ???:down:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here