Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Andy Murray

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
To be honest, sometimes *I* feel like supporting anyone but England the way they play.

Slightly off the main point, but the video in the Telegraph link is shocking and a complete waste of time.

Frampler

Aug 25, 2011
Eastbourne
The shock here isn't that a Scottish sportsman exercised his democratic right to free speech and came out in support of Scottish independence, but that Andy Murray accused somebody else of negativity!

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
How to get in the papers on 29th June 2015:

1. Make a banner that has the words "Murray Mount" crossed through and replaced by the words "Henman Hill"
2. Stand on said hill and wave banner.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
A lot of this is about the stuff which ISN'T reported

Loads of stories which seem minor in scale which the media seem to "jump on" are the front for an underlying problem which can't me legally published due to either being unprovable, incendiary or simply personal.

Basically, I think Murray has said or done considerably worse to invite such vitriol from the press, and we will never know the full story.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
A lot of this is about the stuff which ISN'T reported

Loads of stories which seem minor in scale which the media seem to "jump on" are the front for an underlying problem which can't me legally published due to either being unprovable, incendiary or simply personal.

Basically, I think Murray has said or done considerably worse to invite such vitriol from the press, and we will never know the full story.

It isn't the press that's causing problems, but one tweet from Murray, giving his opinion on the referendum, which has caused a storm of abuse.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Ridiculous nonsense coming Andys way.

FFS, at least he had an opinion rather than the bland media trained robots that we get across so much sport these days.

As you were, those who long ago decided they don't like him will now add "daring to have an opinion different to mine" to his crime sheet. While the rest of us will continue to admire him as a bloody good tennis player and the best we've had herald from these shores for many a decade.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Not a fan of Liam but well played.
2nb7tjd.jpg

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
There is no doubt the press have hyped this up.

Of course Andy has ever right to his opinion, but sometimes its best to keep things to yourself. Incidentally has Andy ever represented Scotland in anything major at tennis?

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Perhaps if he'd said anything remotely interesting in the 8 years since people might have forgotten about it by now. Good tennis player obviously but not a man that should be dabbling in social media.

solly

Aug 31, 2005
Bloke is a plank, half reasonable tennis player admittedly but personality wise I have scaffold boards on my site with more going for them

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Fantastic win tonight in Valencia and brilliant reaction by Robrero at the end giving him the double finger at the net, with a smile on his lips

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here