Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Andy Murray

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
I think the foul abuse he received on Twatter is awful, by all means oppose his views on independance but at least do it intelligently or with some wit. It may be a little awkward for him now for a while but I'm sure this will all be forgotten. after all, he only said "Let's do this, Scotland " rather than give a Braveheart style rant.
I doubt it'll be forgotten by the sad individuals who are giving him grief for it, look at the misrepresented quote from years ago about the English football team, people still hold it over his head for seemingly no reason.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
He'll be naturally disappointed not to have come out on top having made it to the last 2.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Terrible day for Andy Murray, support for him will never be the same again in these Isles. Really poor judgement...

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Just another contest he's lost. Seems to be becoming a trend for the poor lad.

cirC

Jul 26, 2004
Tupnorth
Of course he should. Everyone 'votes' according to their own beliefs and conscience. However, the reality is that he earns his millions in international competition, and will NOT be affected by the result of independence as he is worth god knows how much. He also lives in SURREY. He doesn't worry about the poor in Scotland. He is just entranced by the emotive bullshit of a potential independent state in which he will be able to participate in when it suits.

Exactly......... Vote his mum off strictly too asap.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Seriously, why does everyone get so worked up over every single, little bit of hot air than comes out of this man's mouth? He made a joke EIGHT years ago and that is still used as reason for people to justify their seemingly inherent dislike of him.

I have always been, and most likely will always be a fan of is but I really couldn't care less what he thinks about the referendum. Frankly he could wear a Saltire patterned jock-strap to bed every night for all I care. To me, he will forever be the first British man in nearly eighty years to re-capture Wimbledon and will always have been a part of that brilliant Team GB in 2012.

A more sober view than some knee jerk reactive comments..imho

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
He is the most boring person devoid of any personality.

The downside of the No vote is that unfortunatly we are still associated with Andy Murray.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Just seen something on the BBC website that says that the Daily Mail is reporting a "furious reaction" to his tweet.

I am no great tennis fan and no great Andy Murray fan, but I have no problem with him having supported the idea of independence, and would not let that stop me supporting him if I was a supporter, and see no problem with him continuing to play for team GB..

If he had announced his support for the BNP, I might think differently.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I have to say, the attempts to stir up English hatred for Andy Murray in the past few years has been one of the most absurd agendas ever from the English sports press.

What has he done? Made one World Cup joke about the English (FFS, is that not allowed now?) and now been honest about which way he will cast his legitimate, democratic vote on the single biggest issue ever in his homeland.

If a sponsor decides they don't want him on the basis of that, he's better off without them.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
He should never of backtracked when he said he would support Paraguay against England. He's Scottish for goodness sake, he shouldn't support England, and only took it back when he was told how unpopular he would be with the Daily mail readership. I wouldn't support the Jocks against anyone, it would be like supporting palace

**** me. 8 years later.

IT. WAS. A. JOKE.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
He is the most boring person devoid of any personality.

Yeah. I much prefer when players have a high pitched/more expressive voice but are worse at Tennis.

If only he had spent more time being media trained and less time hitting those blasted tennis balls as a youngster.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
I really struggle to understand why anyone cares what a celebrity thinks about anything.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here